Peripatetic Manager - South East
Various contracted hour shifts available (to suit your lifestyle)
20 days holiday + bank holidays
Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
Full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
Dedicated learning & development programmes.
We offer Apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to join the Care Sector
We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care.
Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics
DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us.
Refer a Friend Reward Scheme - earn up to £250 per referral!
Share Save Scheme
Free Employee Assistance Programme
Annual Employee Awards Evening
Employee recognition schemes
Carer progression within the company.
CareTech Foundation - Opportunity to apply for family and friend's grants.
Peripatetic Manager - Field Based, covering mainly Kent/London, but also East Sussex and Surrey - £35,000p/a plus car allowance of £3,600
This role will be responsible for ensuring that services that have been identified as 'at risk' are brought up to standard as quickly as possible. This will be a combination of trouble shooter and advisor; you may be the manager in services where there is no manager, you may be required to support a new manager or oversee an existing manager in a supportive and/or performance management role.
This is a pivotal role to support Operational colleagues where there are managerial shortfalls- either in quantity or quality. The focus of this role is identifying 'what' needs fixing and 'how' things get fixed once problems have been identified and leading the actions necessary to fix them.
Main duties & Responsibilities include:
* To act as a peripatetic manager in services that require support. Overall management of services in need and coordination with Service Improvement Managers to improve the service and or meet regulatory/ Contract/ Compliance requirements.
* To work with homes and services to ensure best practice, compliance and exemplary work by implementing and managing high standard quality assurance practices.
* Work closely with the Head of Quality in identifying solutions to at risk services
* To work with the Operational Managers in developing and implementing service improvement plans for specific services identified as at risk.
* To lead on the implementation of those plans and provide ongoing support to ensure compliance and improvement against agreed targets.
* Ensure improvement plans and actions are clearly understood in the service.
* Ensure that all service staff are engaged in improving the service.
* Set up systems for achieving the plan, monitoring progress and ensuring timescales are achieved.
* To be a mentor and a coach in skilling up the incumbent staff team so that improvement is sustainable.
* Identify and coordinate the necessary resources needed.
* To rebuild relationships with external stakeholders and integrate the management staff team in that process.
* To provide the Head of Quality with regular service/region reports on progress with improving standards and compliance.
* To monitor the processes and procedures which ensure the safety and welfare of children and vulnerable adults served by the Company and to monitor practice throughout identified services, and to urgently advise the Head of Quality and Operations Directors of any emergency child or vulnerable adult protection issues.
* To carry out investigations, as required by the Head of Quality and/or Operations Directors, and to work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to develop, implement and monitor remedial action plans.
* To promote the corporate quality assurance agenda.
* Comply with all Regulations regarding statutory visits and reports ensuring compliance and communication of all issues to Operations Directors and the Head of Quality.
The successful candidate must have:
* A relevant Management qualification, previous experience at a management level and experienced in leading teams for which they have no direct line management.
* LD/Social Care Managerial background.
* A thorough understanding of the regulatory environment.
* Experience in emergency management, stabilizing services in crisis and turnaround project management.
* Ability to stay away from home for up to 5 days per week for periods of time in different locations when required by the needs of the business.
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives - this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
CareTech Community Services are proud to inform you that they are a "Disability Confident Leader".
Successful candidates will be required to complete a enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
You may be aware of new regulations which require that anyone entering a CQC-regulated care home in England to be fully vaccinated subject to certain exemptions.
The Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 were made on 22nd July and come into force on 11th November 2021