About the Role
We currently have 2 opportunities for a full time (37.5 hours) Assistant Support Worker at our supported living service in Hemel Hempstead.
We are looking for caring, enthusiastic people who enjoy helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
Lord Alexander House provides purpose built flats for people with mental health issues. Each tenant has their own self contained flat and 24 hour on-site support.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as an Assistant Support Worker is to:
* Provide appropriate support to service users who are living in their own homes or in a supported housing setting to enable them to develop and maximise their independence
* This may involve promoting life skills such as shopping, managing budgets and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning
As an Assistant Support Worker you will:
* Follow agreed support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs
* Support their aspirations and maximise their independence
You do not need sector experience as we provide a structured induction and comprehensive training to support you with your role and you will have the opportunity to gain an accredited vocational qualification.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to peoples needs.
You will need to be able to:
* Work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working
* Work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support
* Be flexible in your approach to work
* Have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities
It is essential that you hold a full UK driving licence and are happy to do sleep-ins.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
* Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
* £18,135pa for a 37.5hour a week contract
* Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
* Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
* Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
* Annual salary and cost of living review
* Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
* Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
* Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
* Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
* Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
* Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
* Friendly and supportive team environment
* Employee assistance helpline
* Mileage paid for car usage
How to Apply
To apply for the position of an Assistant Support Worker please apply below.
Closing date: Sunday 17th October 2021
Interviews: Thursday 28th October 2021
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search