Remedy Education are in need of a Science Teacher for a Secondary School based in Grays.
• To teach clearly structured lessons or sequences of work which interest and motivate students, make learning objectives clear, employing interactive teaching methods and collaborative group work.
• To have high expectations of students and build successful relationships centred on teaching and learning.
• To teach the required or expected knowledge, understanding and skills relevant to the curriculum for students in their age range, through sustained and substantial period of time.
• To establish a purposeful learning environment where diversity is valued and where students feel safe, secure and confident.
• To set challenging teaching and learning objectives which are relevant to all students in your class.
• To use teaching and learning objectives to plan lessons and sequences of lessons showing how this will assess students' learning/progress.
• To produce long, medium and short-term planning in accordance with school policy and procedures and within required deadlines.
• To select and prepare resources, and plan for their safe and effective organisation, taking into account students' interests and their learning needs, language and cultural backgrounds, with the help of support staff where appropriate.
• To plan for the deployment of any support staff who are contributing to students' learning.
• To provide homework for students to learn in out of school contexts and encourage them to learn independently.
• To contribute to teaching team meetings and events.
• To differentiate teaching to meet the needs of students of all ability ranges taking into account varying interests, experiences and achievements of boys and girls and different cultural and ethnic groups to help them make good progress.
• To manage teaching and learning time effectively.
• To set students individual targets.
• To actively track students' progress and devise strategies to address any underachievement.
• To develop students literacy, numeracy, and thinking skills.
• To use monitoring and assessment information to improve planning and teaching.
• To monitor and assess the effectiveness of learning activities and provide immediate and constructive feedback to support students' as they learn
• To involve students in reflecting on, evaluating and improving their own performance and progress
• To assess students' progress accurately against appropriate standards