Salary: £45,848 pa
Hours: Mon - Fri 42hrs pw. Overtime available.
An opportunity has become available for an Instrument Engineer at a major industrial gases production facility in Motherwell. The successful candidate will join a team of engineers to provide maintenance and operational support for their Motherwell and Grangemouth sites.
You will be an experienced time served instrument technician who may also have some process or commissioning experience along with strong practical SHEQ knowledge including permit to work and contractor control.
To manage the instrumentation maintenance and associated management system alongside standard facility engineer roles. This role will require specific skills in electrical and instrument engineering.
* Supervise personnel in accordance with Permit to Work (PTW) requirements and actively support the sites SHEQ goals and targets.
* Plan and co-ordinate maintenance activities at main site and satellite locations to agreed company and industry standards.
* Supervise, control & maintain plants in a multidisciplinary capacity to ensure all customer demands are met with minimal liquid support to meet agreed budget targets.
* Monitor and improve plant reliability and plant performance.
* Maintain liquid & gaseous supplies to merchant customers and tonnage supplies to pipeline customers within contractual conditions.
* Inspect and check all operating plant and machinery on a regular basis. Diagnose faults on plant and machinery and provide feedback for rectification.
* Start up and shutdown plant equipment where necessary.
* Prepare plant for maintenance and inspection as required by executing physical isolations, electrical isolations up to limit of job holder's authorisation and undertaking atmospheric gas analysis as necessary.
* Operate independently without direct supervision for the majority of routine and some non-routine activities.
* Selection of suitable and competent contractors to carry out maintenance activities and ongoing close supervision and management.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
* NVQ level 3 (minimum). HNC (preferred) in an engineering discipline (Instrument / Electrical)
* Significant relevant practical experience (5+ years)
* Experience of working within a hazardous environment. (CompEx certificate level 1-4 preferred but training can be given).
* Willingness to work outside the normal working hours as emergencies and operational needs dictate, including 24 hour callout coverage
* Good base knowledge and understanding of industry and statutory standards and codes of practice.
* Detailed knowledge of Permit to Work procedures.
* Good basic understanding of current Health, Safety and Environment legislation
* Knowledge of operating chemical and process plant equipment
* Experience and ability to provide a high standard of customer service whilst working under significant pressure
This is your chance to work for a well-established global company. If you wish to apply, please send an up-to-date CV to Mike at Totec.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process (i.e. visa, EU passport, residency permit etc.).
All calls/enquiries are handled with strict confidence.
Instrument / Instrumentation / Maintenance / Operations / Manufacturing / Production / Electrical / Industrial gases / Technician / CompEx / Instrument Engineer