AV Hiring are proud to be working with a leading Manufacturer who is seeking to grow their team with an experience Support executive. This is the opportunity to work for a well known, market leader.
Technical Support Manager
This key role is a mixture of managing a small UK based team of experienced technical support engineers, providing pre and post-sales support for customers, customer training, pre-sales support on and off-site for the external sales team.
Must have a good spread of IT, UC and AV Technical knowledge with a minimum of 5 years' experience.
The successful candidate will live within reasonable travel distance to the Buckinghamshire Office and have a demonstrable track record of technical support/pre-sales within the IT or AV industry, either with a manufacturer, distributor or system integrator/dealer.
In addition to these duties, the successful applicant will be required to:
* Provide pre and post-sales support for Integrators and end users
* Support covering all products; traditional AV products and a significant amount of support is required for more IT network-based products that includes Control, AV over IP and VIA Collaboration technologies
* Pre-sales includes product demonstrations, both remote and onsite. Also includes high-level discussions with end user management and IT departments regarding technical aspects of certain products
* Pre-sales can include system design, and schematics, therefore experience in this area would be an advantage
* Maintain and run training/demo centre; post sales can include training both in house and onsite
* Commissioning, programming, and general implementation to help projects run smoothly
* Maintenance of Academy online services for the UK, and management of associated leads and requests
* Management of the helpdesk team, team schedule - including liaison with HQ regarding any operational/product related issues
* Testing and feedback on new and existing products, including elements of documentation and fault resolution
* Assistance to the service team with regard to repairs of certain products, and also pre-sales upgrades/adjustments when required
* Elements of Online Marketing, including regular product and training webinars and some social media assistance where required
* Design and implementation of roadshows and larger onsite customer presentations, both for sales/marketing and training purposes
* General IT support for infrastructure, user devices, and phone system for the Aylesbury office
Full product training will be provided along with a car (or car allowance), laptop, mobile phone and business expenses. A good knowledge of IT networks essential. Full driving licence required.
* A good working knowledge of AV, both analogue and digital, UC and IT system functionality, installation processes and techniques
* An understanding of videoconferencing over IP and associated infrastructure
* Nice to have technical skills:
* Ability to remotely support systems, configuration & updates, understanding of routers / firewalls / knowledge of antivirus platforms, security products & PC configuration and set up
* Good understanding of servers & clients along with interfacing protocols
* Domestic travel will be required; International, infrequently