Our highly skilled engineering department are going above and beyond, during this global crisis, to ensure our employees and customers are safe by applying their expertise in a number of different areas. The varied role of a technician within National Express, means that as well as completing traditional mechanic based activities, you'll also be able to apply your expertise in a whole host of different areas on our vehicles...not just engines.
Join our team today as we have fantastic opportunities for PCV fitters/technicians/mechanics working Monday - Friday 06:00am - 14:30pm
As a successful candidate, you will have experience as a PCV or HGV fitter/technician/mechanic and be able to evidence a full apprenticeship/NVQ/City & Guilds Level 3 or equivalent in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
What you'll do...
* Diagnose defects and effect repairs to engine, gearbox, chassis, axles, steering and brakes.
* Fault diagnose, using specialist equipment relevant to vehicles in your garage. Welding (gas and mig) and gas cutting with the appropriate qualifications or training
* Repair vehicles to Company and Statutory standards
* Prepare vehicles for Annual test (MOT)
* Service vehicles in accordance with Company and vehicle manufacturing specifications and to Company and Statutory standards
* Repair defects and identify with vehicle types relevant to your garage or place of work
* Maintain documentation as per documented quality procedures
We offer a wide range of benefits such as...
* Clear and achievable career progression
* Enhanced rates of up to 'double time' for weekend, overtime and night work
* Generous company pension
* Life assurance
* Up to 33 days annual leave
* Free travel for you and your partner as well as discounted travel for up to 4 family members
* Variety of retail deals and discounts including days out, cinema, mobile and car
* Employee Assistance Programme