SCC - Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Our business continues to grow creating a real career opportunity for a Lead UC Project Engineer based out of any of our UK offices
Overall Job Purpose:
The Unified Communications Engineer will analyse and define the business and technical requirements of complex, converged network architectures. Assignments include implementing, documenting, migrating Unified Communication solutions and working with other Unified Communication engineers.
Main Duties of the Job:
• Represent SCC AVS in a professional manner at all times.
• Provide pre-sales support including consultation & design for customer projects including the pre-build, test and delivery.
• Deploys, migrates, and documents post-sales engagement with customers
• Assists in the delivery of support and services to customer's expectations as proposed
• Participates in the design, implementation and administration of Cisco Unified Communication and related solutions
• Utilizes knowledge of architectural design and documentation
• Troubleshoots high end issues with Cisco Unified Communication infrastructures
• Assists in determining specific customer Unified Communication requirements
• Assists in developing specific Unified Communication solutions
• Assists in developing detailed implementation plans
• Customer facing / presentation skills
• Documentation skills - ability to deliver high-level design documentation
• Excellent verbal / written communication skills
• Ability to work extended hours as needed for critical functions
• Ability to document business, information, application and technology aspects of approach
• Raising and closing of support tickets using our Service Desk systems to monitor and keep track of our client's networks and services, providing end to end monitoring.
• Prioritising workloads to ensure all client queries and project delivery are dealt with accordingly.
• Interact with other teams such as our internal teams, suppliers when technical information is required.
• Working with the team manager on planning, project work, risk management and documentation around Unified Comms infrastructure ensuring that all system design and implementation is carried out in line with our agreed standards.
• Maintain a consistently high level of service deliver
• Assist with technical projects & bespoke configurations (Remote or On-Site).
• Pre-stage of Hardware and UC systems for deployment.
Skills, Clearances, Knowledge and Experience:
• Cisco Certified Systems Engineer (CCNP-Collaboration)
• IT Consulting
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Must have worked with corporate and/or government clients and in multi-discipline project teams and have the ability to work with a variety of professionals.
• Have flexibility on weekend and out of hours working.
• The ability and presence to liaise with clients at senior level, external consultants and project consultants.
• You are required to hold a full driver's license and you will also need to be CRB checked.
Then click the response button now!
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.