This is an exciting opportunity to work in our bright and modern offices based in Hertford. We are one of the leading companies in our field, servicing an impressive list of major corporations. We select and market skilled personnel, undertake fixed price project work, provide specialist fuel tank leak detection and repair to Aircraft organisations and provide training to companies in the aviation, rail, defence, and associated general engineering industries.
We are looking for a finance apprentice to support the credit control team.. You will be working with the team to ensure the speedy and accurate creation of applications for payment as directed.
This apprenticeship will suit those with minimal to no experience, recent school/college leavers or young individuals looking for a change of employment. There will be an opportunity to move on to a full time position within the company upon successful completion of this apprenticeship.
* Liaise with Credit Control Team on all issues, ensure problems or potential problems are highlighted.
* Creation of the payment applications, invoices in a timely and efficient way using MS Excel
* Reconcile self-bill accounts
* Interface with Payroll department for timesheet queries and new client checks.
* Build relationships with client contacts
* Develop skills relating to orders, requisitions, payment certificates, projects costings
* Develop general knowledge and understanding of the Credit Control Function
Established in 1962, my client is one of the largest providers of temporary labour, permanent staff and support services to the Aviation, Rail, Defence, Telecommunications, Commercial and general engineering industries. My client operates from three main UK locations, these being Hertford, Telford and Bristol.
Training To Be Provided
If successful you will have the opportunity to achieve a Level 2 apprenticeship for Credit Controller/Collector, delivered at the workplace. This level will give you foundation knowledge about broad areas of credit and collections. It will help you understand and implement the principles of best practice to enhance and optimise day-to-day activities. There will be an opportunity to gain excellent
work-based training and develop your skills in an office environment with a salary and career development opportunities.
* Must be committed to attention to detail
* Interest in finance
* Strong communication skills
* Confident and assertive personality
* Open and approachable manner
* Highly driven and self-motivated
* Be analytical and methodical in your approach to problems
* A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities
* Bright, confident and enthusiastic
* Self -motivated and highly driven
* Good organisational skills
* GCSE grade C/5 or above in English and maths preferred but not essential