Job Overview: Working closely with out client, a successful injection moulding company, we are seeking a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer with an electrical bias to join their established team.
* As a Multi - Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will be required to provide breakdown cover and maintain injection moulding machines, automation equipment and associated ancillary equipment
* As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will have strong electrical/mechanical applications with proven experience of problem solving, fault finding and repairing of manufacturing machinery as well as robots, and automated systems.
* This is an excellent opportunity offering job security and satisfaction for the successful applicant of the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer post.
* To provide breakdown cover on injection moulding machines, automation equipment and ancillary equipment.
* To maintain moulding machines, automation equipment and any ancillary equipment.
* To work in an efficient and safe manner on breakdown repairs on all equipment
* To identify and rectify in a timely manner, electrical, electronic and control system faults that lead to non-production in any area of the plant.
* The scope of responsibility for electrical systems extends to the whole plant and offices and all equipment within the boundaries of the premises.
* To ensure on a daily basis that the electrical systems of the plant are in a safe and robust state for production.
* To keep records of inspections and servicing and order components and parts where appropriate.
* To maintain, service and clean electrical installation items within the manufacturer's recommendations.
* To support and implement progressive improvements of our existing manufacturing automation processes working with both internal and external resources.
* To work with other teams within the business to deliver a common goal.
* To be included in continuous improvement initiatives to drive efficiency through the business.
* Participate in a safe working environment and that safe working practices are adopted at all times.
* To comply with all company rules, regulations and procedures at all times and adopt good working practices.
* Along with the Automation Engineering Supervisor, add to training conversations to skill enrich peers.
* Carry out plant & facilities maintenance
* Assist other engineers as and when required.
Key Skills & Experience:
* As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, it is essential that you have prior experience working within the manufacturing industry.
* 16th or 17th or 18th Edition Wiring regulations certificate essential
* You must have good experience with electrical fault finding and problem solving
* You will have good proven experience with PLC's, single and 3 Phase Ladder Logic fault-finding & problem-solving
* Self-motivated with the will to improve the equipment effectiveness
* You will have a good mechanical application and experience / working understanding with hydraulics and/or pneumatics
* You will have good clear communication skills for interacting with your team and other department Managers.
* It is expected that you will have good IT skills with MS Office & Word
Key Words: "Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer", "Maintenance Engineer", "Electrical Maintenance Engineer", "Mechanical Maintenance Engineer", "Electro-mechanical Maintenance Engineer", "Injection Moulding", "Plastics", "16th", "17th, "18th"
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK positions candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
For all other countries you must have a valid working visa and in date passport
Sierra 57 Consult -
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist - Plastics & Packaging
"Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable".
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles