We are looking for a qualified Childcare Assistant (NVQ2 or above). The role would suit individuals with a passion for working with young children. The successful candidates will be enthusiastic, reliable, hardworking, and able to work well within a team as well as on their own.
The Childcare Assistant should help provide a safe, loving and home-like environment for children, parents and staff alike.
The Childcare Assistant will ensure that all children attending the nursery receive an outstanding quality of care, are kept happy and safe, and receive rich and stimulating experiences that meet their individual needs.
Key role and responsibilities for Childcare Assistant
* To assist with the planning of the curriculum.
* To observe and assess children's development.
* Help set up the playroom for the daily program and to help tidy away.
* To advise the Manager of any concerns e.g. Safe guarding, child protection, the safety of equipment.
* Be aware of any special needs a child may have and to familiarise oneself with relevant play and learning plans.
* To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation.
* To attend staff meetings.
* To attend training courses as required.
* To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff members, which is required as part of your role.
* To keep up-to-date with current good practice.
* To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the nursery manager, in accordance with the nursery's objectives.
Minimum requirements for Childcare Assistant
* Passionate about working with children.
* NVQ Level 2 Certificate or higher
* A satisfactory enhanced DBS check which confirms suitability to work with children.
* Previous experience of working within a high quality nursery.
* Commitment to diversity and equal opportunities.
* Commitment to young children and families.
* Friendly, flexible and positive approach.
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
* Willingness to learn
* Excellent hygiene practice
What we offer for Childcare Assistant
* Paying up to £9.30 per hour for a childcare assistant (depending on experience).
* Statutory paid holidays per year
* A supportive induction program
* Excellent career opportunities
* Access to training courses and modules
* Full / Part time positions available
* Monday to Friday
* Flexible working days / hours - 10 hour shifts
* Two weeks off at Christmas
If you want to hear more about this role please send us your CV by clicking 'apply now'!
Every child deserves the best possible start in life and the support that enables them to fulfil their potential. The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) sets the standards that all early year's providers must meet to ensure that children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe. From management to Childcare Assistant's, promoting teaching and learning to ensure each individual child's need are met ensuring 'school readiness' and giving all children the broad range of knowledge and skills that provide the right foundation for good future progress through school and life