A boutique private equity and real estate accounting firm based in central London with £100Bn AUA.
You will be leading a team of accountants responsible for the day-to-day accounting for a portfolio of structures, taking ownership of the client relationships.
* Lead a team of accounting staff in the day-to-day operations of a number of portfolios;
* Monitor and report on team performance and deadlines;
* Review team members' work ensuring accuracy, completeness and overall presentation of deliverables (not limited to bookkeeping files, trial balance, financial statements, auditors/investors confirmation);
* Undertake quality review of trial balance and financial statements;
* Track on-going workloads and ensure all internal and client requirements are met;
* Providing necessary calculations (such as management fees, carried interest, solvency calculation) to the client;
* Ensure that all team members follow procedures;
* Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, third parties (such as auditors), and central services, communicating effectively through formalised reporting;
* Attend client meetings and present deliverables to clients;
* Hold regular team meetings and 1:1s to direct reports;
* Support the development of junior team members. Prepare and complete Individual Development Plans;
* Ensure the immediate line manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact the quality of service provided;
* Reviewing payments and other check sheets prepared by subordinates and demonstrate good attention to detail;
* Assisting the management in preparing financial statements templates and setting up complex bookkeeping; and
* Preparation of routine and ad-hoc management reports.
You will have
* A strong Accounting background
* Good knowledge of Funds/ private equity/ real estate
* Management/Supervisory experience