APPLICATIONS DESIGN ENGINEER
Our client is seeking an Applications Design Engineer to join their expanding business. The client specialises in the design and manufacture of cooling and ventilation systems.
APPLICATIONS DESIGN ENGINEER ROLE
Under the direction of the Technical Manager, you will be responsible for liaising with customers (internal & external) to understand their needs, proposing products to meet requirements and follow technical progress until, in conjunction with the Sales Department, projects are bought to a conclusion. You will also work closely with Production Engineering with regards to design for manufacture and assembly.
APPLICATIONS DESIGN ENGINEER - KEY ACTIVITIES
* Use Solidworks to create new designs and make modifications to existing designs.
* Provision of drawings as required to support samples and new production requirements, working in close liaison with the Manufacturing Engineers to ensure compatability of drawings and planning.
* To create new designs as discussed with senior staff and in collaboration with the development resource, taking them from concept to production release wtihin the requirements of the clients Quality System.
* To consider methods of prototype and production manufacture and advise accordingly. Where appropriate, to design and oversee tooling as required.
* To use analytical tools such as FE Analysis within the 3D CAD package and produce supporting hand calculations as required.
* To organise and analyze tests on the clients products for airflow and structual evaluation purposes, including strain tests. This may include some hands on test work on customers' premises. Some overseas travel may be required.
APPLICATIONS DESIGN ENGINEER - EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Degree qualified in Engineering or HNC / HND experience dependant
* Three years' experience working in design and development.
* Ability to write technical reports.
* Experience of using Solidworks 3D CAD or equivalent software
* Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) knowledge and software experience
* Dealing with customers
This vacancy is available to Candidates with relevant experience as detailed in the job description. Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to applicants who do not possess the required skills and experience.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the country where this role is located BEFORE making an application