Pluss, part of Seetec Pluss and the Seetec group, is an award-winning Community Interest Company that supports thousands of people each year to achieve a career and fulfil their true potential. Our employment operations help jobseekers who need the most specialist support to find work. Our enterprise operations run alongside to create direct employment opportunities in a wide range of job roles. The projects give people the opportunity to get involved in local communities, meet new people and have fun through a range of activities.Positive People and Hopeful Families are funded by The European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund.
We are currently seeking a committed and motivated Community Engagement Coordinator to join our team. Ideally you will have experience of working in an asset-based community development way, to support all aspects of the project, especially those centred around sustainability, diversity & inclusion and the marketing of the provision. Building on assets already in the local communities and supporting our internal workforce and our external partner organisations to maximise on potential, this role will shape and deliver projects & activities that improve the services that we deliver.
This role involves engagement with participant groups, external organisations and service providers, project evaluation and focus groups, community interaction and the facilitation & delivery of the community activities. Your purpose is to ensure the BBO projects and themed activities are participant led, and that participants have an active role in planning and decision making.
This role will put our customers in the centre of our development, ensure we meet project requirements and promote the project in an inclusive and engaging manner.
* To engage with communities, the voluntary and community sector (VCS) and residents across CKW by planning, organising & facilitating marketing & networking events, developing ideas for improving networks and maximising shared opportunities for individuals and families
* Working alongside key stakeholders, local partnerships and individuals to ensure that our programme is continuously improving in its appeal, reach and support of sustainable & diverse activity, through digital and social marketing campaigns
* Develop and regularly maintain the online presence for the project through social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, and work alongside the central marketing team to maintain web information and relevant updates
* Developing working relationships with the core partners, specialist providers and individuals and groups of participants, to build trust and a sense of shared responsibility towards improving outcomes
* Fostering a culture of innovation through working in collaboration to develop & deliver sustainable activities that focus on health, wellbeing, green priorities and issues that affect climate, as well as those that impact diversity and inclusion for all
* To work alongside individual participants to assess their need, desire & ability to partake in activities, developing a programme of participation that meets the needs of their individual action plan but is also in line with the wider aims of the provision
* To complete and update the cross-cutting action plans on a quarterly basis for submission to the contract holder with evidence of activities held across the partnership and the impact on individuals and the environments
Skills and Experience
* Experience of working with individuals, disadvantaged communities and voluntary sector organisations
* An understanding of the wider determinants that influence wellbeing, motivation and the role of community and targeted activities in promoting good health
* Event and activity planning, organisation, execution & evaluation
* Skills in analysing & resolving problems and managing conflicting issues
* Fully IT literate in using a range of Microsoft Office programmes to include 365 products and modern digital technologies,
* Full driving license to enable deployment across a specified geographical area (region)
Salary: £29,858 - £31,660 p.a (dependent on experience)
Hours: 37 hrs per week - Monday to Thursday 8.30 am to 5.00 pm and Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm.
Closing Date: 1 October 2021
In light of Covid-19 Interviews will be undertaken via Microsoft Teams
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Birthday Day off, Pension, Competitive Salary, optional discounted Medical and Health Cash Plans, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Eye Care Scheme, access to a wide range of local and national discounts.
Pluss is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in any way. Our full policy statement of "Ex-Offenders" can be found on our website under "About us"
Pluss is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity