Five Education are currently looking to recruit Learning Support Assistants to work with an Education Provider in Taunton and Bridgwater to support Learners with SEN including Autism/ADHD. The role is to start immediately and is likely to last the whole academic year, so it would be perfect for a candidate looking for a full-time long term position.
Responsibilities and duties:
* Working with small groups or in a 1:1 setting
* Helping the students develop and use self-regulation techniques
* Working with the class teacher on differentiation and helping students access the full curriculum
* Using positive reinforcement to effectively support the students in the classroom and possibly around the school
* Be flexible and willing to support students around the school
* Keeping students engaged in lessons
* Using de-escalation techniques to ensure pupils are calm and able to access the full range of education offered
* Communicating with parents/caregivers to maintain a consistent and informed approach
* Some personal care involved
* Patience, flexibility and dedication
* Experience supporting children with SEND/SEMH
* At least 12 months of recent experience working with children in a school, care or coaching environment
* You will be able to demonstrate strong behaviour management skills
* Ideally, you would know de-escalation techniques such as those taught in Team Teach or MAPA courses
* Two recent child/vulnerable adult based references and relevant DBS/Police checks
* A car/ motorbike is necessary due to the location of the school
* Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
* Able to work 8.30-3.30, 5 days per week term time only
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including reference checks, TRA checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview. Five Education do not believe in using umbrella bodies, we use PAYE and how this isn't comparable with umbrella body pay and that there is no admin fee as with Umbrella bodies and Five Education pay employers national insurance on top of the salary. Please note pay rate is for illustration and does include holiday pay.
We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as they are currently under-represented at this level.
If you are interested in this role please call in today