Financial Planning Assistant. The Role: I am recruiting a Financial Planning Assistant (Financial Services Administrator, Paraplanner or Trainee Paraplanner) to join the team at Eldon Financial, an awarding winning Chartered Financial Planning firm based in Newton Aycliffe (DL5). Working in a small team, the role of Financial Planning Assistant involves providing administration and support to the Directors, Financial Planners and technical Paraplanners, working with them to deliver an exceptional financial planning service to their clients.
The Person: We are keen to consider an experienced Financial Services Administrator, who enjoys working in a highly involved support role. We are also happy to consider a Paraplanner (or a Trainee Paraplanner) who is keen to develop a career in financial planning, working towards becoming Diploma qualified and eventually Chartered.
Either way, the successful Financial Planning Assistant will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual with excellent administrative skills. They are likely to have worked in the financial services sector although they will not be expected to know the intricacies of financial planning as training and support will be provided.
£20,000 - 30,000 (dependant on experience) + benefits including profit share scheme + 25 days holiday + bank holidays + a generous pension + life insurance + income protection + free parking + ongoing professional training and development.
Home working and flexibility: we are happy to facilitate a degree of home working and will also consider flexible or part-time working arrangements for the right candidate.
The Company: Eldon is an independent Chartered Financial Planning firm, established in 2002 with the aim of becoming the North East's premier personal Financial Planning practice and who are now multi award winning, with national accolades such as 'Chartered Financial Planners of the Year' and being listed on the Citywire's "Top 100" firms in multiple years. They have a small but highly qualified team who provide expert holistic advice and are committed to delivering a first-class service to their clients. They are also soon to become employee owned, demonstrating their on-going commitment to their team. The business has steadily grown over the years by personal recommendation and professional referral. However, they remain small enough to provide a highly personalised and individually tailored service, helping to shape the future of financial planning, putting their clients at the heart of everything they do.
Financial Planning Assistant (Financial Services Administrator, Paraplanner or Trainee Paraplanner), responsibilities include:
* Provide the administrative assistance involved in the delivery of financial planning services to clients, ensuring the service is delivered on time and to a consistently high standard.
* Assist with the preparation for client meetings and reviews.
* Process new business applications
* Support the Paraplanners with research and analysis to meet clients' needs.
* Prepare letters of authority, obtaining policy information and updating records.
* Liaise with the product providers and other third parties as necessary
* Assist in the production of relevant paperwork such as valuations, reports, illustrations, letters, application forms, spreadsheets, presentations and other documents as required by the team.
* Utilise the CRM to keep data quality up to date and to the highest standard
* Develop relationships with clients, arranging client meetings and collating supporting documents.
* General administration as required to support the business.
* Ensure all business is conducted in a responsible and compliant manner.
Financial Planning Assistant (Financial Services Administrator, Paraplanner or Trainee Paraplanner), skills and experience required:
* Previous experience in a financial services organisation - we have a preference for candidates who have worked in a Financial Planning environment, but we are happy to consider candidates who have worked in any financial services organisation and can demonstrate a commitment to entering the Financial Planning sector.
* Excellent administrative and organisational skills with a great eye for detail
* A self-motivated team player with a "can do" attitude and a pride in providing a fast and efficient service of the highest standard.
* Professional appearance, confident manner and excellent communication skills
* Strong technology and mathematical aptitude with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
* Interested in working towards a Diploma in Financial Planning.
Dawn O'Shea is recruiting the Financial Planning Assistant (Financial Services Administrator, Paraplanner or Trainee Paraplanner) directly on behalf of Eldon so NO AGENCIES PLEASE. If you are successful in being shortlisted you will be contacted within 14 days to discuss the role and your requirements in more detail