We have an exciting opportunity to join our new client's finance team. This role is the perfect opportunity for anybody who wants to make the next step in their career within Finance.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive Finance Assistant with excellent attention to detail. The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role, good IT skills including Microsoft Excel, knowledge of Sage 200 and a Level 2 AAT Qualification or above would be beneficial, although similar experience will be considered.
The team member will be working as part of our small, friendly team to process transactions to our client's financial systems, focusing mainly on the Purchase Ledger and other routine tasks within the Finance Department, therefore previous experience in Purchase Ledger is preferred and an understanding of VAT, partial exception and complex coding would be an advantage but not essential. A candidate who has worked within a finance department within a Charity would be very suited to this role.
This is an exciting opportunity to progress your financial knowledge and work within a small and supportive team.
Purpose of Post:
* To accurately process transactions to our client's financial systems focusing on the purchase ledger
* To carry out other routine tasks within the Finance Department as requested
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Senior Accountant to be responsible for the accurate and timely posting and recording of financial transactions, specifically:
* To process purchase ledger invoices, takings sheets, refunds, mileage and other transactions
* Credit Control
* To monitor and reconcile Cash Floats and Petty Cash
* To keep up to date with systems, processes and IT developments appropriate to the post
* Maintain Purchase orders system
* Process takings sheets
* To ensure that documents processed through the Ledgers comply with Union and statutory regulation
* To answer queries and advise members of the Union and staff on processes and policy affecting payments to suppliers and outside bodies
* To answer queries and advise suppliers on matters of payment and other matters
* To alert and advise the Senior Management of untoward events
* To ensure all documentation is correctly filed
* To carry our post, counter and other office duties on a rota basis
* To organise work with a focus on meeting the needs of the department's customers
General Department Duties
* To cover the finance counter and any other duties as required
* To process our client's change orders as required
* To issue petty cash as required
* To assist with the maintenance of the cashpoint machine as required
* To process Sports and Societies payments as required
* To assist in queries and routine tasks associated with Sports and Societies as required
* To work at the annual Summer Ball if required
* To positively contribute and participate in the continual development and improvement of the services provided by the Finance Team
* To cover reception if required.
Monday - Friday - 37.5 hours per week
30 minute lunch break is paid.
25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, PLUS 3 additional days paid holiday per year