Our market leading client is looking to secure the services of a Senior Software Developer to join their team on a permanent basis, offering working from home flexibility.
As the Senior Software Developer, you will be recommending solutions that will meet the business requirements, identifying the best one that fits with the departments architectural pattern.
As an experienced Software Developer, you'll have worked professionally with GNU/Linux systems for at least 5 years. You need to have excellent understanding of PHPUnit and the importance of Unit testing. You'll need experience with database systems such as MySQL, REDIS, or DynamoDB and have worked with Git as a version control system. You will also have a solid understanding of mark up languages such as HTML and XML, as well as be experienced in integrating with RESTful or SOAP API's.
Duties of a Senior Software Developer:
* Researching and implementing new technologies to resolve business requirements and presenting these new technologies to the department.
* Mentoring junior members in the department, providing technical advice and will be sought out as a technical expert and role model within the squad and department.
* Setting and tuning application monitoring to ensure that issues with applications are caught and resolved in a timely manner.
Required knowledge, skills & experience of a Senior Software Developer:
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development under GNU / Linux systems
* Experience with database systems such as MySQL and Oracle, including database API's such as SQLAlchemy, PDO etc.
* Experience in creating or at least integrating with RESTful or SOAP APIs
* Solid understanding of mark-up languages such as HTML, XML and JSON
* Excellent understanding of PHPUnit and the importance of Unit testing
* Experience working in an Agile environment
* Able to work in a team setting
* Ability to mentor junior developers with empathy
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines.
* Excellent communication and written skills, with the ability to be able to interpret non-technical requirements and provide solutions
Our client is built on diversity. Their ambition is to build an inclusive culture where diversity is embraced, and everyone feels safe, respected, valued and able to thrive as part of a winning, engaged team