You must be an experienced Design Engineer with relevant expertise gained in any area of the electrical engineering, power, energy, metering, or transmission & distribution sectors.
An attractive day rate on a fixed term 12 month rolling contract basis is on offer for the successful candidate, along with longevity of work and career progression, given the company's commitment to future growth and their global market leading status.
Our client is one of the world leaders in the power and energy Industry. The HV Power, Smart Energy, Networks & Grid Division offers a broad spectrum of solutions, primarily focusing upon sustainable, renewable, and smart technologies. Its service offering includes products, systems and holistic project delivery solutions for cabling, process control, sub-stations, instrumentation, metering, switchgear, and transformers, all for transmission and distribution networks, systems and grids or power station applications.
Due to several recent significant long term contract framework awards, and an ongoing commitment to their continued and ambitious growth and portfolio diversification plans, our client is now seeking to appoint an Electrical Design Engineer who will undertake and champion project design engineering activities and associated responsibilities to ensure that the company meets the required quality and design standards within challenging timescales
* End to end design and delivery of smart energy and grid systems and solutions
* Identify and manage project design risks and implement controls to mitigate
* Support and assist the management team to monitor the progress of works, and ensure development, design, construction, and financial targets are met
* Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of project design work, in order that safe and successful project implementation can be assured
* Support and monitor the planning and progress of works phase, in relation to timeline and budget, and ensure that all relevant requirements and targets are met
* Act as the lead on larger projects or more complex schemes
* Experienced in a similar role within any area of the industry, and possessing a good understanding of the different solutions used in this arena, covering any aspect of the electrical engineering sector
* HNC or Degree qualification in electrical or electronic engineering
* Good technical understanding and appreciation of electrical solution design requirements
* Knowledge of project safety requirements and contract conditions
* Ability to use IT packages such as MS Office, Visio, AutoCAD, MS Project etc
* Resilient to setbacks and committed to achieving project goals
* Interpret client agendas and objectives, and integrate these to the improvement of a project
* Excellent understanding of the operational and technical challenges, issues and risks associated with designing and delivering electric complex engineering solutions