Our market leading client is looking to secure the services of a Senior Network Engineer - (Security) to join their team on a permanent basis.
As the Senior Network Engineer (Security), you will be responsible for the Client's Security Network, including the control and management network, ensuring solutions are delivered at pace in a standard, scalable, and secure manner whilst maintaining compliance and managing/ mitigating risk.
The Senior Network Engineer - Security role will cover many of the following areas of expertise:
* Interprets internal or external business requirements and recommends solutions/best practices
* Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions
* Identifies applications of functional knowledge and existing methodologies to complex problems
* Serves as an expert within own function, leveraging specialised subject matter expertise
Required knowledge, skills & experience of a Senior Network Engineer - Security:
* Specialist depth and breadth of security expertise, in LAN, MAN, and WAN environments of scale
* Significant experience of variety of security technologies e.g., firewalls, IDP, IDS, SIEM etc.
* Self-motivated, with the ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, to deliver results
* Highly developed analytical skills
* Excellent understanding of layer 2 and 3 technologies, with focus on Ethernet, MPLS, and TCP/IP
* Proven knowledge of network and infrastructure security including a variety of firewall technologies and mixed vendor environments
* Attention to detail and continuous improvement
* Well-developed problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Planning and project management - agile and waterfall
* Process orientated
Our client is built on diversity. Their ambition is to build an inclusive culture where diversity is embraced, and everyone feels safe, respected, valued and able to thrive as part of a winning, engaged team