How would you like to be part of an engineering team that maintains a modern fleet of buses?
As a member of the Stagecoach engineering team, our vehicle technicians are part of one of the most important groups of people we employ, that's because we follow a rigorous maintenance programme to ensure our vehicles are safe and reliable, day in day out.
What our vehicle technicians will be doing:
• Inspection and diagnostics of buses and other vehicles
• Mechanical, electrical and minor body work repairs
• Servicing & routine maintenance to DVSA standards
• Vehicle health checks and road testing
• Warranty work and Annual MOT Preparation & Presentation
What we love about our vehicle technicians:
• Working safely to high standards and achieving maximum vehicle availability
• Experience and enthusiasm to deliver
• Repairs done right first time
• Current and full UK driving licence
• Level 3 NVQ in appropriate light or HGV Vehicle technician qualification (or equivalent)
• Committed to your personal development as a vehicle technician and supporting Apprentices
• PCV licence - desirable but we can help you get one.
Hours of work for this role: 39 hours - Monday to Friday
Don't worry if you have not worked on buses before... if you have technical experience across a wide range of vehicles such as cars, trucks or plant and fancy a change - you'll be supported by a great team of engineers and managers who all pull together to do a brilliant job.
We offer 22 days holiday a year, plus bank holidays, free travel on our vehicles across Stagecoach East and a very competitive rate of pay.
This post is based at our Depot in the heart of Peterborough owever, Stagecoach East operates a fleet of 350 buses across Cambridgeshire, the Fens, Peterborough and Bedfordshire so you know you are joining an experienced and successful team.
Apply directly on our careers website at Stagecoachbus