Full-Time Recruitment Officer - Permanent
Working Pattern: Monday-Friday, 35 hours per week (flexible approach to working outside core hours including some evenings & weekends as required)
Base Location: Sittingbourne/Home Based
Covering Location: South East and Thames Valley
Salary: £(phone number removed)
Benefits: 30 days' Annual Leave (rising to 35 days' with length of service) + Bank Holidays, Mileage, Company Pension, Life Assurance x2, Employee Discount Scheme & Medical Cash Plan
We are Polaris, one of the UK's largest leading communities of children's service providers.
Within the community, we have independent fostering and adoption agencies who have been passionately improving the lives of young people for over 30 years, as well as Leaving Care services, Education and bespoke children's services contracts. Our nurturing community works collectively to support the very best outcomes for each and every child in our care. We're ambitious for our children and young people, families and staff, and believe in their futures.
What we need
We are looking for a Recruitment Officer to assist our Fostering teams with the recruitment and selection of high quality and committed foster parents.
To perform a key role in the recruitment of high quality committed foster parents; ensuring high levels of service & efficient processes are delivered at all times
* Undertaking visits to the homes of prospective foster parents in the community and through online forums, providing advice and assessing suitability for formal assessment
* Writing quality detailed reports
* Monitoring the progress of our prospective foster parents through the recruitment and assessment process
* Supporting the delivery of recruitment events and community activity
* Liaise with Fostering teams to ensure prospective applicants attend required training
* Records management and database maintenance
* Hold a valid driving licence and have unrestricted access to your own vehicle
* Be happy to travel extensively across the South East (including Surrey, Kent, Sussex, Hampshire, Berkshire)
* Able to meet exceed agreed targets
* Work autonomously
* Experience of fostering recruitment is an advantage, though not essential
For an informal discussion about this position please contact Ellen Leaning on (phone number removed).
To be considered for this position please submit an application.
Due to recent COVID-19 developments please note that all interviews at this time will be arranged virtually and all successful appointments will be managed pragmatically in line with business and individual needs