Permanent position available for a Procurement Manager - working within a well established and known maritime transportation business.
The primary focus of this position is to review and streamline existing Technical / Engineering Contracts and Suppliers, and improve supply chain effectiveness
You will be given autonomy to implement new solutions, and procurement strategies - whilst maximising on cost, efficiency, and ensuring products are fit for purpose.
You will have regular communication with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, yards, ship based staff, and other office teams,
As well as appraise and monitor current suppliers, to ensure suitability, and value for money.
Ideal Candidate specification:
- An experienced all rounder - great with IT, commercially aware and good with contracts negotiation
- Background within the Marine / Maritime industry preferred, or other High Value Engineering field, e.g. Oil & Gas
- Must be an excellent communicator and a real problem solver
- Knowledge and understanding of appropriate Maritime rules & regulations is advantageous
- Competent across areas of; Purchase & Procurement, Contract negotiation, Tender and suppliers review, cost and budgeting
- Knowledge of Engineering parts, spares, and Technical documentation / specifications
Please apply now to be considered, or call Lee Hayward at HSB Technical in Confidence - (phone number removed) or (url removed)
You must have the immediate right to live and work in the UK to be considered