Our client, a leading defence/aerospace engineering company, are looking for a AWS Software Engineer to join their team near Reading. They are seeking a highly motivated cloud software engineer to support an AWS transformation effort across a number of commercial aerospace solutions. These include but not limited to their Hermes™ messaging software, Flight Data Display™ flight tracking, Flight Profile Optimisation and Weather Aggregation via AWS. This role would sit within an experienced software team all keen to learn and develop more within cloud environments as all solutions move towards AWS. The successful candidate will be working on software solutions already hosted within AWS but undergoing considerable growth within the connected aerospace marketplace and as such the role has huge growth opportunities.
This new team member will work closely alongside software engineers, testers and implementation engineers to develop software within an agile scrum environment predominantly using AWS services, CloudFormation, bash scripting and C# within a .NET Core framework.
The team are looking for a confident, proactive and motivated individual who is used to working within an agile development lifecycle.
AWS Software Engineer Responsibilities:
* Develop cloud commercial aerospace solutions utilising the full breadth of AWS services alongside Bash scripting using CloudFormation templates within .NET Core framework.
* Design, code, test and document software changes within an agile team
* Contribute to overall system integration and architecture to ensure software changes align with overall development strategy
* Estimate track and report development progress within an agile development lifecycle
This is a permanent position and on offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
AWS Software Engineer Requirements:
* Experience with AWS Services e.g. ECS, EC2, RDS, Cloudwatch, DynamoDb,
* Experience with utilising CloudFormation templates
* Experience with Bash scripting
* Test driven development software engineering focus
* C# development experience within Microsoft .NET Core framework
* Experience within VPC networking (Virtual Private Cloud)
* Experience with AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
* Experience of developing solutions for deployment with Docker
* Has enjoyed working in an Agile Scrum development lifecycle
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at the Planet Forward website