We invest in the best - We pay £3,000 Welcome Bonus for all Nurses - (Pro rata) * Terms & conditions apply
We would be delighted to speak to you If you've previously worked for the NHS or Private sectors.
We at Huntercombe Group are looking for a Part Time Registered Nurse, RSCN, RNLD and RMN to work according to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and relevant professional guidelines as a named nurse or key worker (with facilitation) for a defined group of patients / residents and take responsibility for:
* Protecting and supporting the health of individual patients / residents
* Assessment of care and health education needs
* Development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care including discharge planning for each patient
* Under supervision, to gain experience and skills in:
* Clinical practice
* Facilitation and teaching
* Management (as appropriate)
* To work in accordance with THG Nursing Strategy and contribute to achieving THG strategic objectives.
* To take charge of the ward/department/unit in the absence of senior nursing staff following performance review.
* To adopt a flexible approach to hours of duty, in order to meet the needs of the service over a 24 hour period.
Scope and Authority
* To be an active participant in the multidisciplinary team, formulating care plans and utilising appropriate assessments.
* In conjunction with other health professionals, assess and manage risks identified through assessment of patients / residents.
* To regularly review risk factors and work in conjunction with other health professionals to modify care plans as appropriate.
* To act as the primary nurse for inpatient stay.
* To ensure that clinical practice is evidenced based and consistent with relevant NICE guidelines and the organisations policies and procedures.
* To undertake clinical supervision to further develop competence and clinical practice.
* To act as a mentor/preceptor to students/support workers as appropriate.
* To supervise junior staff in carrying out their care plans.
* To liaise effectively with all actively involved in the care process, including carers and relatives, aspiring to provide an effective, seamless and integrated service to patients / residents.
* To maintain and update relevant knowledge and skills, maintain a professional portfolio and participate in further training as appropriate, in order to enhance quality of care for patients / residents and carers.
* To comply with the Huntercombe Group Health and Safety Policies and Protocols in order to contribute to safe working practices.
* To protect vulnerable adults / children from internal/external factors and act as a Patient Advocate.
To ensure a comprehensive assessment is completed for the patients / residents to ensure a comprehensive person centred assessment is completed for their pathway.
Ensure that each patient has an individual care plan and risk assessment, which takes into account the patient (if appropriate) and their carers views, with regular reviews.
To administer medicine within the guidelines and framework of the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Practice within the defined parameters under the Mental Health Act 1983/2007.
Provide clinical leadership and supervision for the support workers and students.
Ensure all clinical documentation is of a high standard and patient notes are maintained and filed in the appropriate way.
Provide a highly specialised range of clinical interventions and knowledge of evidence based models of practice relevant to the patients' / residents' needs.
Working autonomously with confidence and competence to provide a highly specialised and safe service to the patient.
To take appropriate action when working with vulnerable adults and children following guidelines and procedures, liaising with appropriate agencies as required.
Maintain and contribute to the standards of professional care, ethics, policies and procedures
Maintain professional standards of practice at all times