Control System Project Engineer x 2
£35,000 - £40,000 + Pension + Healthcare + Paid Overtime
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Control Systems Project Engineer to move into a niche and well-respected engineering business as a Project Engineer to support the increase in workload due to project wins within the Oil & Gas sector. This specialist business are working on a range of high technology projects across all five continents for over 150 global operators, EPC's and integrators.
As a Project Engineer you will be working in a cutting-edge innovative environment based in North Yorkshire, commutable from York, Malton, Pickering, Cleveland, Scarborough, with free on-site parking available. This is also an excellent area to relocate to and can offer a great work life balance, with an excellent standard of living.
Control Systems Project Engineer - The Role:
* Full cradle to grave project implementation of electrical and electronic control systems (flow computers, metering control system supervisory computers, PLC).
* PLC/SCADA design and implementation
* To produce project documentation e.g. System Overview Drawings, Functional Design Specifications, Test Manuals, General Arrangement Drawings, Electrical Schematics etc
* Create and/or revise supervisory computer/PLC configurations
* To ensure all approved documents are correctly recorded to the project and issued through document control (FAT, FDS etc)
* Test software computer systems according to approved test procedures/acceptance test manuals
* Attend client / vendor meetings in order to achieve the agreed project goals
* Carry out and/or assist with installation & commissioning activities on-site
Control Systems Project Engineer - The Person:
* Experience of Electronic/Electrical controls background, being able to configure systems and devices.
* A strong knowledge and experience of PLC or DCS based control systems.
* An experience of working in Oil & Gas along with people from water, pharmaceuticals, petrochemical or similar backgrounds, as these would transfer well.
* An HNC/HND or equivalent in electrical engineering is required.
* Knowledge of any of the following systems Emerson S600, Omni, FlowX, Honeywell
* Experience in an automation/instrumentation environment
Whilst the role is mainly office based, from time to time there will be a requirement to travel to both the UK and overseas clients (including offshore installations). Therefore experience of a customer facing role is ideal.
This company are the world's largest supplier in this field. They are an excellent prospect for personal progression and development and have a focus for team integration. So even if you don't have all of the skills required, training is available. They offer profit share, medical health insurance, paid overtime, pension and 25 days holiday and relocation assistance if required