This leading North Wiltshire business is looking for a full-time Paralegal/Legal Assistant in their Commercial Department.
You will assist with a wide and varied range of commercial cases such as leases, licences, sale and purchases, SDLT and Land Registry applications. Subject to experience, you may potentially handle some of your own straightforward matters. There is the potential for a training contract in the future for the right candidate.
The role will also involve assisting solicitors with their cases to include drafting more straightforward documents, reviewing and reporting on Land Registry titles, legal research and liaising with clients and other parties. You will also deal with the Land Registry and Companies House and handle straightforward commercial matters. There will be an opportunity to write blogs, posts and articles to increase and maintain their online presence.
* Experience of working as a Paralegal or Legal Assistant in a Solicitor's firm (minimum 6 months)
* Ability to remain calm, polite and focused when dealing with different situations
* Excellent communication skills
* A high level of attention to detail
* Have excellent IT skills
* Must have a full UK driving licence and own transport
* Experience of Commercial property/corporate work
* Law degree or equivalent
The company is offering a salary of £20 - £25K DOE with a good benefits package. This position is 10 miles within the Chippenham area