Our Client is part of one of the UK's leading financial services groups, committed to creating sustainable homes and communities. Led by a diverse team combining skills and experience gained in sectors including construction, housing and engineering, the company's goal is to tackle head on the UK's property crisis by building modular homes to serve both the public and private sector.
Many believe modular housebuilding to be the sort of inventive, forward-thinking solution that's needed for the UK to fix its property crisis, delivering a housing market that caters equally to all members of society. Working closely with the company's other housing arms, such as the Build to Rent and Affordable Homes teams, the company has a strong background in the property sector, investing in urban regeneration, financing affordable housing and now building modular homes.
The MEP Team is looking for a talented Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer to join the team.
* To support the MEP Associate and wider design team.
* To design and develop building services' solutions for new products and support building services' solutions for existing products.
* To support the MEP Associate, MEP team and the commercial team with site-based projects.
* To support the Head of Engineering, to an agreed brief including cost targets, programmes and relevant standards and regulations in line with the strategic vision.
* To engage with, and technically influence the building services of the new and existing product portfolio; its design; development and execution.
* To be a stakeholder in the development of high-quality products, with a focus on the energy efficient and intuitive operation of the home.
* To prepare reports, designs and drawings as required to support the development and implementation of new and existing products. This may include design calculations to relevant codes of practice and current legislation/guidance.
* To review and critique technical submissions from designers, suppliers and contractors.
* To provide technical advice on safe design and construction.
* To liaise with professional staff and external consultants such as architects and engineers.
* To maintain an appropriate knowledge of current technical developments, industry trends and legislation to support and develop products.
* To support all stakeholders and Leadership team in tasks and projects.
* To support the Quality Department to monitor and inspect work undertaken in the factory and site environments to ensure system performance and compliance.
* To support the Manufacturing Engineers to monitor and inspect work undertaken in the factory to ensure compliance with the design.
* To support the Manufacturing Engineers with technical support and resolution of issues with a focus on MEP.
* To work with all stakeholders to ensure that there is no disconnect between the technical constraints of products and the delivery of projects from a design perspective.
* To assist the MEP Associate in the development and management of the MEP team.
* To manage and support junior colleagues and mentor their development within the MEP team and the wider design team.
Knowledge / Experience
* Experience as an MEP Engineer either as a Consulting, Contracting or Manufacturing role.
* Knowledge of the modular/off-site construction sector and the relevant construction methodologies and associated codes / standards.
* Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials and legal regulations.
* Sound understanding of physics and mathematics.
* Skilled at using 3D modelling and 2D drafting packages.
* Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines.
* Three-dimensional conceptual skills.
* Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
* Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Excellent communication and IT skills.
Applications are invited from appropriately skilled and experienced HVAC Design professionals interested in a fast paced, energetic environment with great career prospects