A large, fast paced and growing business are looking to appoint an Accounts Assistant on a permanent basis. Based within Leeds City Centre there are great links to public transport and parking is available close by.
This is a newly created role due to rapid growth and will report directly into the Financial Controller and will work closely with the Management Accountant. This is a great opportunity to join a small, friendly and well established finance team where you will be responsible for the full accounts process and no two days will be the same!
This is an extremely varied role, providing full exposure to all aspects of accounts and would suit someone who is able to work towards deadlines and manage their own workload. The successful candidate will join a reputable company that really do develop and promote from within and will be given training and development. This is an urgent role so ideally the successful candidate needs to be able to start a new role immediately or within the next couple of weeks, however candidates on a months notice will also be considered.
You will be responsible for all aspects of accounting and financial management including:-
- Ensuring completion of purchase orders for all expenses
- Ensuring all purchase orders have correct authority before goods are ordered
- Invoice approvals, validations and adjustments
- Maintaining both the sales and purchase ledgers and being first point of contact for any queries
- Issuing correct invoices within company time frames and posting cheques and BACS accurately onto the ledger
- Reviewing ledger on a daily basis to ensure all balances are less than 7 days and to resolve any outstanding issues with relevant parties
- Analysing and posting journal entries
- Carrying out bank reconciliations
- Cash book postings and daily banking
- Management of the company's credit cards and cash incentive process
- Generating payment runs and processing petty cash
- Inputting and posting entries to the cashbook and processing cash receipts and allocating to the ledger
The ideal candidate will:-
- Be able to start a new role immediately or will be on a short notice period
- Have all round accountancy experience within a similar role
- Have the relevant all round accounting experience and be hands on in approach
- Be self motivated and enjoy working in a fast paced environment working to deadlines
- Have good Excel skills
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
For further details please contact Gemma Watmough.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions