Job Title: Project Controls Manager
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience
Working for one of the world's largest, privately- owned aerospace and defence companies, my client is now looking to recruit a Project Controls Manager to be based at their head office in Cambridge.
Delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea they were established more than 100 years ago, have more than 6,000 employees and an annual turnover of around £2.7 billion. They specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, composite solutions and the provision of personnel, training and advice.
Their Land Systems division provide their customers (UK and International) with maintenance, supply and technical services as well as providing new product design and developments of deployable infrastructure, medical & C2ISR and vehicle systems. Programs in this environment span the product lifecycle and project complexities and include: design engineering, supply chain selection, manufacture, assembly, installation, testing and certification programs with subsequent rate production and through life support.
The role of the Project Controls Manager is to actively support the Business Unit Project Director/ Project Manager in successful delivery of the project by leading the implementation of the Project Controls System & provision of the resulting project controls information, necessary to successfully deliver the project to time, cost & quality. This will be done in compliance with company processes, procedures and tools as governed by Programme Management & Controls Function.
* To be responsible for leading the governance, deployment & co-ordination of all Project Controls activities across the allocated Programme/ Project, including:
* Project Schedule - generation, maintenance & status update
* Project Change Management (including maintenance of the Project Performance Measurement Baseline)
* Co-ordination of Project Level Reporting (e.g. CSR, Project Performance & Customer Reporting)
* Lead/ co-ordinate the management of Risk and Opportunities
* Co-ordinate budget control & forecasting across the Work Package Managers/ project team
* Lead the governance & application of Earned Value Management (EVM)
* Co-ordination of 'lessons learned' as part of a continuous improvement culture
* To attend & support the PM at the project contract status review (CSR) meeting
* To ensure that appropriate Programme/ Project Controls Governance is followed by the Project Team
* Support ad-hoc duties that will be consistent with the nature of a Project Controls Manager
* Coordinating Management of Project Risk & Opportunities
* Enhanced company pension scheme
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Private medical insurance + family
* Holiday Trading (option to buy or sell days)
* Onsite parking and canteen
* Perks at Work- employee savings/ discounts
* Restaurant Discount Card
* Critical Illness Insurance/ Dental Insurance/ Travel Insurance/ Gadget Insurance
* Life Assurance as standard (plus option to increase cover)
* Healthcare cash plan
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Experience in Earned Value Management (EVM) is required.
* Previous experience in reporting on risks and opportunities along with managing a risk register and being the point of governance is required.
* An individual with the ability to self-motivate and motivate a team towards a solution oriented accountability culture
* Confident and diplomatic with an ability to create, influence and foster working relationships internally and with customers at all levels of the business
* Fully competent communicator (verbal & written briefs/ reports/ presentations) both internally and externally to management, customer and suppliers
* Self-motivated, creative with the ability to produce accurate work under pressure while continuing to meet deadlines
* Proven Leadership with good team management skills
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you're looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team...
Aeropeople's expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search 'Aeropeople Ltd' on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs