Our well established and respected global client has a permanent vacancy for an Electrical Control and Motion Senior Engineer.
Provide technical product support to subsidiaries and customers.
Answering technical questions promptly and accurately in relation to Serial Interface Units, Sensors and Electric Actuators.
Reviewing requests for customised products from sales to ensure specification is clear and viable.
Organising and providing Training courses and presentations for Subsidiaries
Setting-up and programming PLCs (SIEMENS, Beckhoff, Rockwell, OMRON, etc.).
Setting up and troubleshooting industrial protocol communications such as PROFINET, Ethernet/IP, EtherCAT, OPC UA and IO-Link.
Designing and Setting up IIoT and Cloud solutions
Setting-up Motion Controllers and Servo Drivers.
• Experience of planning and managing own projects.
• Experience of providing technical leadership to engineers
• Experience of writing technical reports and software documentation.
• Ability to work as part of a multicultural team
• Able to travel to European customers when required
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Must be a good "team player" and able to work in a "results by consensus culture".
5+ years of work experience in at least 3 of the following:
• Industrial communication protocols (PROFINET, Ethernet/IP, EtherCAT, etc.)
• Configuring and programming PLCs
• Configuring and programming motor drives
• Linear, Rotary and gripping electrical motion applications
• Electrical, Electronics, Software or Electromechanical Engineering degree 2:1 or better preferred.
• Experience of working for a multinational company.
• Experience of working with customers and suppliers.
• European language skills.
• Japanese language skills.
• Technical training experience
• Industry 4.0 and IIoT
• Leadership skills
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available