£-Attractive salary plus car allowance and benefits
Our client is seeking an experienced landfill manager to play a key role in the day-to-day operation of a busy landfill site in the Northeast.
* To control the activities of the landfill site (Hazardous and Non Hazardous) under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and other relevant legislation, ensuring compliance at all times.
* Ensure high standards of health and safety are maintained across the site.
* Provide the operational lead into commercial to ensure profitable operations.
* Ensure appropriate manning/equipment for current and future demands.
* To lead the construction and engineering works on site and realise potential future projects.
* Manage the relationship with the Environment Agency, ensuring agreed projects are delivered on time.
* Good communication skills.
* Strong landfill technical / operational skillset.
* Ability to work well in a team.
* Ability to prioritise, adapt and use own initiative in a busy working environment.
* Excellent communication & organisation skills.
* Good people management skills - leading your team, setting high standards, developing skills, dealing with issues with support as required.
* Hold relevant COTC qualifications, obtain continuing competency award when required.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook).
* Ability to write/analyse/understand relevant landfill/technical report.
* Knowledge of landfill legislation and EWC codes.