Senior Specialist Oncology & Haematology Pharmacist
Permanent Full Time
Salary up to £52,193 per annum plus Benefits
The post holder will work with the Lead Oncology/Haematology Pharmacist, Lead QA Pharmacist and to assist in the daily running of a safe and effective pharmacy service. The post holder will maintain and develop the highest standards of patient-focused care in the provision of the pharmacy service.
This is an ideal role for a pharmacist with at least 1 years experience in Oncology who is looking to specialise in the field of Oncology as our client offers a fully comprehensive training programme, which encompasses all cancer treatment modalities, including use of cutting edge, innovate Systemic Anti Cancer Therapies, which are accessible to their patients prior to being made available at national level. The post holder will gain experience in treating a wide range of disease states , including extremely rare cancers. In addition, they will also benefit from being a vital part of the Specialist Cancer Multi-disciplinary team, working closely with renowned medical and clinical specialist oncologists.
Duties & Responsibilities
* To assist the Lead Pharmacists in the daily running of all areas of the pharmacy department, including designated time in the aseptic unit, dispensary, outpatients discharge, clinical verification of SACT, e-Prescribing & Protocols and clinical audit.
* To work alongside, train and supervise the medicines management team in providing a safe and efficient medicines optimisation service.
* To coordinate discharge planning and implementation in conjunction with the medicines management technician and clinic staff, through involvement with medical and nursing staff identifying discharge times for patients, accuracy checking medicines against the TTO letter and dispensing.
* To undertake patient counselling ensuring patients understand their discharge medication.
* As part of the pharmacy team, to provide an information-based environment for all staff, patients and relatives and to respond appropriately to requests from medical and nursing staff for information and advice about the selection and use of drug therapy.
* To liaise with ward staff over any relevant medicines management issues to ensure concordance/compliance with prescribed medication
Skills & Experience
* Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council
* Additional post graduate clinical qualifications e.g. Certificate/Diploma (or working towards) in Clinical Pharmacy Practice.
* Hospital pharmacy experience, including technical, dispensary and clinical services preferably in oncology.
If you are interested in any of the above roles please contact Martine Cohen at JS3 Recruitment,
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration
Should you know anyone who may be seeking an opportunity then JS3 offer a referral scheme, please refer to our website for more details