An exciting opportunity at EMCOR has arisen for an Electricians Mate to join our expanding contract with BT based in the South Lanarkshire area.
The hours of work are 8:00 - 17:00
• Electricians install, maintain and repair electrical systems in industrial, commercial and domestic environments.
• Electricians might work in both indoor and outdoor settings.
• Electrical equipment and systems may include switchboards, motors, cables, fuses, thermal relays, fault current protection switches heating, lighting, air conditioning and metering equipment as well as crime and fire alarm systems and renewable energy technologies.
• Able to work on their own proficiently and work without supervision in the most efficient and economical manner.
• They may contribute to the design of electrical systems.
• They are able to set out jobs from drawings and specifications and requisition the necessary installation materials.
• Electrical safety is an important area of Electricians' work.
• On completion of their work the electrical systems must be safe to use.
• They must adhere to safe working practices without endangering themselves or others.
• Installation Electricians work on the installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance of low voltage (less than 1000v) electrical and electronic devices and appliances.
• Maintenance Electricians work on the maintenance of electrical and electronic installations including automated production systems.
• Duties include the supervision of the equipment, its maintenance and necessary repairs.
In addition, Installation Electricians must:
• Understand and apply the principles of planning and selection for the installation of electrotechnical equipment and systems in buildings, structures and the environment.
Maintenance Electricians must:
• Understand and apply the practices and procedures for planning and preparing to maintain electrotechnical systems and equipment.
• In all of these activities, Electricians must understand and apply health and safety and environmental regulations, guidance notes and relevant codes of practice; Also, the requirements of the current edition of the Wiring Regulations.
Knowledge and Skills
• Electricians will use engineering knowledge and understanding to apply their technical and practical skills.
• They will contribute to the design, development, manufacture, construction, commissioning, operation or maintenance of products, equipment, processes, systems or services.
• Understand and apply the principles, practices and legislation for the termination and connection of conductors, cables and cords in electrical systems
• Understand and apply the practices and procedures for the preparation and installation of wiring systems and electrotechnical equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
• Understand and apply the principles, practices and legislation for the inspection, testing, commissioning and certification of electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment.
• Understand and apply the principles, practices and legislation for diagnosing and correcting electrical faults in electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment.
• Understand and apply the electrical principles associated with the design, building, installation and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems
• Oversee and organise the work environment.
• Work reliably and effectively without close supervision
• Accept responsibility for the work of themselves and others
• Accept allocate and supervise technical and other tasks
• Use oral, written and electronic methods for the communication of technical and other information
• Work effectively with colleagues, other trades, clients, suppliers and the public
• Undertake work in a way that contributes to sustainable development
• Maintain and enhance competence in own area
• Exercise responsibilities in an ethical manner.
• Meet all minimum criteria to apply for and pass security clearance procedures
• Undertake all duties and responsibilities, including relevant training & medicals, as deemed necessary for working in radiological and explosive controlled areas
• 25 days holiday
• Overtime available