SEND Support Specialists - Trafford - Immediate positions available!
Milk Education is working in partnership with two, SEN Schools in the borough of Trafford who are in need of consistent, SEND Support Specialists to work on a day-to-day, short and more longer term basis. There is also the possibility of going permanent at these schools after building those long lasting relationships.
With this in mind, we are looking to recruit the very best support staff from a range of backgrounds including; education, youth work, health and social care, residential support or tutoring.
The schools cater for students aged 4-18 years with moderate to severe learning difficulties and those on the Autistic Spectrum. The schools pride themselves on their thorough and robust induction and training.
The successful candidates will be expected to work with pupils of all ages and to undertake all activities as required during their time at the school and be able to work as part of a team as well as being able to use initiative when appropriate.
If successful you will work under the guidance of teaching and senior staff to support access to learning for pupils and provide general support to the class in the management of pupils. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the normal teaching area, which may include swimming, rebound therapy, sensory studio activities and soft play.
What you need to apply:
* Experience working with children within the past 2 years (Voluntary welcome)
* Enhanced DBS on the update service (or willing to complete this)
* Enthusiastic attitude towards inspiring children
* Relevant qualifications in childcare
We are looking for Classroom Assistants who are:
* Passionate about enabling every child to fulfil their potential
* Aware of emotional and psychological wellbeing
* Able to work directly with designated pupils either individually or in small groups, dependent on the level of complex needs.
* Able to contribute to, and work as, part of a team
* Creative in their approach to children's learning
* Flexible and can work across both Primary and Secondary age groups
To join the Milk team and be successful in this SEND Support role you will need to:
* Have experience and understanding of working with children
* Build and develop professional relationships with both school staff and students
* Be compassionate and positive with a flexible approach when supporting young people
The Milk Difference:
We are an environmentally-friendly education supply agency providing quality talent to local schools. Milk Education brings a fresh approach with traditional values to the Education Recruitment Sector.
* Competitive rates of pay
* Direct links to local schools
* Free Lesson Plans
* Training support sessions.
* Video technology that will increase your chances of long term placements.
* Dedicated Consultants who will cater for your employment needs with 24/7 availability and support for interview and lesson observation preparation
* Commitment to quality and safeguarding
Take a look at our website to see our BOLD and FRESH approach to Education-Recruitment:
We are the NUMBER 1 rated Education agency on Facebook- but don't just take our word for it! See what fellow Teachers and Teaching Assistants are saying about Milk-
If you are interested registering for the roles we have, please send your CV to or for an informal chat with Steph call (phone number removed) or submit your application via the form below