Carers’ Support East Kent are looking for new Trustees to join our committed Board.
What will you be doing?
Charity trustees are the people who share ultimate responsibility for governing a charity and directing how it is managed and run.
In addition to your statutory duties, each trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the board of trustees reach sound decisions. This may involves scrutinising board papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives, or other issues in which the trustee has special expertise.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in financial management/business, HR and the voluntary sector.
- Commitment to the work of CSEK and the role of Trustee.
- A willingness to contribute fully to all the meetings and dedicate the time required.
- Strategic vision.
- Good, independent judgement.
- An ability to think creatively.
- A willingness to speak your mind.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- A commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
We would also welcome applications from people from other professional backgrounds.
What's in it for the volunteer?
You will have the opportunity to be part of a well established organisation celebrating 20 years supporting carers. This is an exciting time to join our Charity and help steer its strategic direction to continue providing its invaluable work for more years to come.
Board meetings per year normally held after 6pm for 2 hours. Please see candidate pack for more details.
A few more details
The Reach TrusteeWorks Team are delighted to be supporting Carers' Support East Kent with their trustee recruitment. Please do contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about the role or about trusteeship in general.
Before you apply
Please submit a CV and covering letter. In the covering letter please include how your skills and experience match the person specification, why you wish to join CSEK's Board and any other relevant details in support of your application. Please contact the TrusteeWorks team for any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org