Wellcome is a politically and financially independent global charitable foundation, funded by a £29.1 billion investment portfolio. We support discovery research into life, health and wellbeing, and we're taking on three worldwide health challenges: mental health, global heating and infectious diseases.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to support the Director of Research Programmes (DRP), Head of Translation & Portfolio Integration (T&PI), and the wider Research Programmes Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to design and deliver an integrated programme of activities across the different strands of the department which maximises the impact of all activities and contributes to the overall success of Wellcome's new strategy.
In this role you will:
- Lead on the development and implementation of complex internal and external projects including convening stakeholders, developing workshops, materials for SLT meetings and relevant decision-making groups and fora, strategy days, major projects and Research Programmes events
- Facilitate project activities and lead cross-functional teams across Research Programmes and the wider Wellcome.
- Through working with colleagues across Research Programmes and the Corporate Affairs team, ensure Research Programmes aims and outcomes are communicated internally and externally and working in close collaboration across Wellcome to ensure messaging is consistent and clear.
- Drive collaboration across Research Programmes, using your influence to negotiate the alignment of objectives with those of the wider organisation.
- Bring together the relevant internal and external stakeholders to seed new ideas and collaborations in your area of responsibility.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with relevant external stakeholders such as those at key partner organisations and gain input for activities with strategic partners.
- Support DRP and SLT on developing and providing content, including, with the Lead Adviser to the DRP, prepare DRP's presentation materials for senior stakeholders gathering appropriate information from SLT members, RP programmes, and others as needed
- With the Lead Adviser, track overall RP budget, including uses of headroom budget, and model out possible future uses of funds for planning purposes.
- Provide input to central Wellcome processes, including annual budgets (forecasting, planning and reporting) and delivery plans
We are looking for a strong communicator with the ability influence at all levels to build and sustain productive relationships.
To be successful in this role you will have:
Salary: £59,252 per annumClosing date: 25th October
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills including the ability to communicate complex information and gain buy-in
- Strong networking, influencing and facilitation skills
- The proven ability to lead and influence others in a constructive manner and to build and sustain collaborative/productive relationships
- Evidence of good writing skills with the ability to synthesise complex information from a variety of sources and represent these clearly and concisely
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
To apply please upload your current CV and complete our short application form.Diversity and Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome . We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us at .