This is a great opportunity to join our clients IT team where the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of a small team in Norwich. As a leading UK Operator of essential services, the IT team supports a wide range of disciplines and technologies, in-use across a 24/7 onshore and offshore operation. The role will report to the UK IT Manager (London HQ) and based full-time in Norwich, with occasional travel to Bacton, London or offshore installations (as required).
There will be regular liaison with members of the Group HQ IT department based in London and Paris and also an expectation to participate in a team on-call rota for business-critical events.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Liaising (on a daily basis) with other departments throughout the business along with Level 2 & 3 IT support in HQ
• Providing user support, predominantly driven through helpdesk queries, but also via phone or liaising directly (face to face) with the user
• User accounts management
• PC and applications install and support
• Support for Audio Visual equipment / printers / other hardware etc
• Effective management, prioritisation and escalation (where necessary) of the IT helpdesk system
• Team guidance, performance management & day-to-day supervision
• Project planning for corporate upgrades, e.g., Windows releases and desktop applications
• Work to objectives set by the UK IT Manager and Group IT Manager
• Comply with company IT standards and security guidelines
• Own, analyse and rectify identified problems in a professional, timely manner
• Full responsibility for testing corporate technical changes prior to implementation to local infrastructure
• Work closely with distant team members when solving complex problems
• Leadership and ability to mentor 1st line support team
• Ability to lead a team to investigate issues
• Microsoft Active Directory & DNS, Exchange & SQL
• Understanding of networking technologies
• Use of monitoring tools
• Experience of Change Control
• Ability to provide good documentation and regular reports
• VMware vSphere
• Veritas NetBackup
• Storage technologies
Candidates should have an excellent work ethic, focused and meticulous. Needs to be a good communicator as they will deal with other team members, HQ, 3rd party support and project managers along with business users.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.