A fantastic opportunity to step in and be part of the global energy agenda. This high-profile London based agency would like to hear from a highly experienced candidate, capable of running a big team with a direct focus on the operational side of the business. The Mat cover position will work in partnership with a talented senior team, so the ideal candidate will be one able to handle multiple direct reports, together with resourcing and capability planning, plus the confidence to run the commercial aspects of a busy team, including P+L management and monthly forecasting.We are looking for a flexible, collaborate and collegiate style, experienced in demonstrating leadership and motivating talented and ambitious comms professionals. In addition to the operations aspect of this contract would be experience of advising senior clients ideally in the oil and gas, renewables and manufacturing sectors.Key skills:
- Commercial acumen - able to forecast and manage, building strong team relationships
- Contacts within the sectors (energy, transport, manufacturing, industry) and knowledge of the energy debate across the UK
- Commercial savviness and comprehensive understanding of agency finances
- Create compelling communications strategies that change behaviours, secure license to operate and shape reputation.
- Proven management experience to lead, mentor and develop team members
- A multi-tasker able to balance competing priorities
- Experienced in growing existing and taking part in new business
Ideally looking for availability from December '21 If you're keen to be considered and will be available at this time, do get in touch. Specific experience across the Energy, Industrial and Manufacturing sectors is desired but not essential. You should however, be adept at handling large, global business and corporate brand comms as well as leading large teams and driving new business growth.