We are currently working with a City law firm who pride themselves on their private client work. They wish to hire a newly qualified accountant to join their finance team.
They are keen to hire career an accountant with exposure to tax computations and tax returns for high net worth trust funds and charities.
Working directly with the Head of Finance and partners across the firm, you will take responsibility for preparing financial information and ad-hoc performance reports on allocated trust funds.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the preparation of accounts for trusts and charitable organisations
- Tax computations and tax return preparation
- Producing meeting papers for client meetings
- Trust compliance including registrations and inheritance tax forms as required
- Assisting with more complex tax advisory and compliance work on ad hoc assignments when called upon by senior managers and partners
- Assisting with training of junior members of staff
Candidates must possess a recognised accounting qualification and currently be operating in a tax focuses role working for high net worth UK and international clients, preferably within a law firm or accountancy partnership. Candidates will also possess;
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, macro skills preferable
- Experience of data mining information
- Knowledge of tax reporting, and preparation of statutory accounts, budget maintenance would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
Please be aware this is a permanent full time position offering a salary of up to 60k DOE. The firm offers an attractive benefits package as well as potential for agile working.
For further information or to apply, contact Neil Hagan today!