Salary: MPS M1-M4 £25,714 - £31,778
Responsible to Principal
PURPOSE OF POST:
The appointed candidate will be qualified and experienced in Primary teaching. We are looking for candidates with a passion and proven success of working with children, and experience working in a reception class.
Applicants should have a clear understanding about effective teaching, EYFS framework, raising and sustaining achievement and the support required for well-motivated students. They should be good communicators and should be able to engage effectively.
SET HIGH EXPECTIONS WHICH INSPIRE, MOTIVATE AND CHALLENGE PUPILS
- Establish a safe and stimulating environment for pupils, rooted in mutual respect
- Set goals that stretch and challenge pupils of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions
- Consistently demonstrate the positive attitudes, values and behaviours which are expected of pupils
PROMOTE GOOD PROGRESS AND OUTCOMES BY PUPILS
- Be accountable for pupils' attainment, progress and outcomes
- Be aware of pupils' capabilities and their prior knowledge, and plan teaching to build on these
- Guide pupils to reflect on the progress they have made and their emerging needs
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how pupils learn and how these impacts on teaching
- Encourage pupils to take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their own work and study
DEMONSTRATE GOOD SUBJECT AND CURRICULUM KNOWLEDGE
- Have a secure knowledge of the relevant subject(s) and curriculum areas, foster and maintain pupils' interest in the subject, and address misunderstandings
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of developments in the subject and curriculum areas, and promote the value of scholarship
- Demonstrate an understanding of and take responsibility for promoting high standards of literacy, articulacy and the correct use of standard English, whatever the teacher's specialist subject
PLAN AND TEACH WELL STRUCTURED LESSONS
- Impart knowledge and develop understanding through effective use of lesson time
- Promote a love of learning and children's intellectual curiosity
- Set homework and plan other out-of-class activities to consolidate and extend the knowledge and understanding pupils have acquired
- Contribute to the design and provision of an engaging curriculum within the relevant subject area(s)
ADAPT TEACHING TO RESPOND TO THE STRENGTHS AND NEEDS OF ALL PUPILS
- Demonstrate an awareness of the physical, social and intellectual development of children, and know how to adapt teaching to support pupils' education at different stages of development
- Have a clear understanding of the needs of all pupils, including those with special educational needs; those of high ability; those with English as an additional language; those with disabilities; and be able to use and evaluate distinctive teaching approaches to engage and support them.
MAKE ACCURATE AND PRODUCTIVE USE OF ASSESSMENT
- Make use of formative and summative assessment to record pupils' progress
- Use relevant data to monitor progress, set targets, and plan subsequent lessons
- Give pupils regular feedback, both orally and through accurate marking, and encourage pupils to respond to the feedback
MANAGE BEHAVIOUR EFFECTIVELY TO ENSURE A GOOD AND SAFE LEARNING
- Have high expectations of behaviour, and establish a framework for discipline with a range of strategies, using praise, sanctions and rewards consistently and fairly
FULFIL WIDER PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school
- Develop effective professional relationships with colleagues, knowing how and when to draw on advice and specialist support
- Communicate effectively with parents with regard to pupils' achievements and well-being
- This list is by no means exhaustive; it is more of a guide of expected duties. The post holder may therefore be directed by the Head of school to undertake any other duties commensurate with this role
We will consider any reasonable adjustments under the terms of the Disability Discrimination Act (1995), to enable an applicant with a disability (as defined under the Act) to meet the requirements of the post.
To apply please send your CV by email via the button below.