Directorate of External Relations
The Directorate of External Relations aims to enhance the reputation of the University through effective engagement with a wide range of stakeholders, external and internal, and thus support income generation. It includes student recruitment and admissions, marketing, corporate communications, internal communications, alumni and development, web services, creative services and events and public engagement.
We are recruiting for an exceptional individual to join us as a SEO Officer within our Web Services team.
The Web Services team have set ambitious goals to develop a sector leading website that will both attract and inspire our key stakeholders. As part of the project you will work closely with a highly skilled, multi-disciplinary team to ensure that our website is performing strongly in search engines.
You will have strong investigatory skills with previous experience in optimising websites for search engines. You will have an understanding of how search engines work and awareness of technical as well as content related ranking factors.
The ability to manage a busy workload and meet set deadlines is also necessary. You will be happy to work with people at all levels, developing and maintaining strong working relationships with schools and professional services across the University.
Your priorities will include:
· Investigate current SEO performance and identify areas of concern.
· Investigate search engines dominant in target markets to ensure we are optimising performance on those markets.
· Monitor the algorithms set by the search engines and keep up to date with changes.
· Develop good practice guidance that can be shared with other team members.
· Work with others to make recommendations on technical and content improvements that will benefit our search rankings.
Who we're looking for:
· Experience of successfully developing and supporting websites for a variety of organisations, with particular attention to search engine optimisation.
· Understanding of issues surrounding search engine optimisation.
· Knowledge of and interest in trends and technological change surrounding the web.
· Ability to communicate effectively with a range of academic and non-academic audiences, particularly translating technical requirements and specifications into easily understood business concepts and vice versa, to engage and influence as required
· Excellent problem-solving ability that is sensitive to our environment and focuses on doing the right thing.
As a University we are currently exploring more flexible working options with our staff and for this specific role we are open to discussing the possibility of remote working within the UK as appropriate.
The deadline for applications is midnight (UK time) on 25 October 2021.
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee one of the top universities in the UK. Family friendly policies, staff support networks for BME and LGBT staff, membership of Athena Swan and Stonewall, as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.