About the job
Are you looking for a fully salaried teacher training route??
Do you want to achieve the highest accreditation available for newly qualified teachers whilst developing your expertise within the support of one school??
Grad2Teach, is an Initial Teacher Training (ITT) initiative and we have an exciting opportunities for Maths Graduates, Science Graduates and, Engineering Graduates to join us for next year's course January 2022). You will join our two-year programme as a trainee Maths teacher.
A fantastic secondary school in Norfolk have asked us to train outstanding graduates in Maths, Science and Engineering. The school has a wealth of experience in it's STEM team and is in a position to offer excellent support to the successful Maths Graduate, Sciences Graduate and Engineering Graduate.
As a trainee Maths teacher you will have the opportunity to train in this rapidly improving Secondary School that serves a diverse multicultural community in Norfolk.? The Governors and Head Teacher are committed in their desire to involve the whole school as a learning community, using a range of strategies to help children to become confident and successful learners.? Central to this philosophy is the Every Child Matters Framework, with staff and pupils working together to support lifelong learning and progression.? Strong focus is placed on all teaching and non-teaching staff working as a team in a supportive and progressive environment where there is huge scope for professional development and advancement.
Sounds interesting? Click the APPLY button now.
Candidates with previous job titles and experience including; Teaching Graduate, Trainee Teacher, ITT, Initial Teacher Training, PGCE, Teacher Training, Primary Teacher Training, Secondary Teacher Training, Graduate Teacher, may also be considered.Requirements
To be eligible for the role of trainee maths teacher you will have:
- University degree with a minimum of a 2:2 classification
- Attained grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English for Secondary Teacher Training
- Attained grade C or above in Maths, English and Science? for Primary Teacher training
- Determination, resilience and a patient, caring attitude
In Year 1, you will:
- Receive Grad2Teach-funded training while you work in our 37-week school-based programme
- Gain invaluable insight into classroom management
- Receive 24/7 support from our friendly team
- Receive three Quality Assessments from one of our trainers in your employer school
- Develop an understanding of what it means to be a great teacher
In Year 2, you will:
- Attend 9 training days at one of our partner universities
- Complete 3 written assessments reflecting on your experience and what you've learnt so far
- Cover up to 90% of timetabled learning within a classroom
- Work under a dedicated learning mentor who will guide and advise you along your journey
- Experience two contrasting school placements, allowing you to broaden your experience and cover a range of issues that may not be present at every school
Grad2Teach offers you:
- Full PGCE with 60 Masters credits
- QTS with the Coventry University - National School of Education and Teaching
- Full time for two years