NHS Shared Business Services is an outstanding partnership between Sopra Steria and the Department of Health. We provide crucial corporate back-office services to NHS organisations.
We are market leaders in corporate service delivery with around 40% of the NHS using one or more of our products. With unrivalled knowledge and experience, we provide high-quality, value-for-money finance, procurement and employment services to the NHS, helping them overcome any challenges they face in the back office.
We work closely with NHS organisations all over the country to replace outdated, time-consuming and error-prone paper processes, with affordable digital systems and more efficient ways of working, and in addition to our core services, we are crafting and developing innovative digital technologies and piloting brand-new ways of working, which further improve efficiency and quality, and better support the NHS workforce to deliver premier patient care.
We are passionate about using our expertise to save the NHS time and money and are more relevant today than ever before.The Day Job:
Are you an experienced buyer looking for that next step or perhaps a Category Manager looking for a change?
Can you see yourself joining a growing team as Category Manager, supporting several upcoming and exciting projects?
We are currently looking for a Category Manager to join our Estates & Facilities Category. With outstanding relationship management, influencing, negotiation and interpersonal skills, this is an exciting opportunity for you to represent the sector as a progressive, proactive, and adaptable manager, generating innovative procurement solutions.Key Responsibilities:
Required SkillsYou need to have:
- Deliver a portfolio of projects as agreed with NHS SBS client stakeholders, on time and to their expectations.
- Awareness of national developments within the NHS and developments in the market place which the Category Manager is responsible for.
- To take the lead in this portfolio of projects as advised and become a subject matter expert.
- To consistently meet the best value for money by the effective sourcing of goods and services and to ensure that key performance objectives are identified and strategies are in place to enable procurement performance to be supervised across the health economy/category are.
- To improve contract compliance and to ensure that all procurement activities are in accordance with legislation, EU Procurement Directives, environment and sustainability requirements.
- To be responsible for the developing, implementing, monitoring, and reviewing of procurement strategies for allocated commodities through detailed demand/market analysis to ensure continual improvement and innovation in service delivery.
It would be great if you had:
- Professional Qualification in Procurement (such as MCIPS) or related field (Contract Management, Supply Chain, Funding etc);
- Experience of working in procurement, commissioning, bid writing or contract management team within Public Sector; ideally within a buying or category management role
- Knowledge and skill in Procurement process, (scoping, briefing, tendering, selection, contract negotiation, including service level agreements, and management of supplier);
- General commercial awareness;
- Ability to communicate in English on a familiar subject;
- Knowledge of EU/UK Procurement Policies, Procedures and Processes;
- Knowledge of Procurement ERP systems, eSourcing tools and MS Office;
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we're looking for, please do apply, we'd love to hear from you!Employment type:
Full time permanentSecurity clearance level:
UK MobileInternal recruiter:
Up to £40,000Benefits:
25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund.
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you're interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.