Are you a Senior Brand Manager, Senior Marketing Manager or Marketing Controller looking to move to a leading Consumer Durables business that is going through a Brand relaunch?
During a transitional period, where the focus is moving to Consumer rather than Product, the role is Senior Group Marketing Manager will play a key part in the transition and repositioning of the key Brands.Key Accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Develop and own the Category Plan (5-year strategy roadmap) as part of the overall Kitchen/Sound/Home strategic plan (consumer centric not product centric). Design and define the global category vision, the 'Where to Play' and 'How to Win' for the category. Lead the execution of the Category Plan with pragmatic approach to execution.
- P&L responsibility for the category: grow value market share, deliver on margin improvement while growing the overall category profitability via launching new products and developing the go-to-market approach. (key metrics: value market share, price index, net sales growth, marketing communication investment, gross margin), using analytics to support decisions on strategic imperatives.
- Line management and development of direct reports motivating the team to deliver on commitments and continually enhance their own and business capability and grow others through coaching.
- Define innovation roadmap based on consumer insights, market development and brand attributes to drive new product development in collaboration with Innovation & Design team and suppliers to develop winning sustainable value propositions. Ensuring risk and opportunities are fully developed.
- Develop and execute portfolio strategy to maximize value creation and reduce complexity across the value chain.
- Define the Consumer Decision Journey (CDJ) for the category. Identify the key trigger and barriers for every stage of the consumer journey which forms the foundation of the marketing plan and communication brief. Determine, together with the market activation team, the required marketing communication investment to optimize the CDJ and achieve the business objectives (sales volumes, market shares per channel). Write the communication brief the Market Activation team can develop the creative idea, campaign strategy and communication plan.
- Own the Global Go-To-Market strategy and coordinate execution in the markets. Collaborate and align business priorities with local markets to drive Category Plan execution against set objectives. Agree with the markets (sales) on what products to launch, the local activation plan, marketing investment required and retail partners to win with. (channel and distribution strategy)
- Lead the team through change being adaptable and flexible adjusting KPO's and direction as needed.
- Drive category strategy execution through monthly Integrated Business Planning cycles together with key internal stakeholders from sales, operations and finance.
- Influence the way we manage our suppliers and engage with them.
- Challenge and influence decisions before they are presented, factoring in analysis of the market, the customer, our competitor threat and our internal business strengths and weaknesses.
- Build strong stakeholder relationships within Marketing and other cross functional colleagues, with the ability to both support, challenge and influence peers and senior managers and bring teams around a common goal.
- Continually strive to make improvements in function and wider business processes through automation, simplification or better insight.
- Undertake and lead specific functional or business projects working alongside other functions as required.
- A proven track record of operating at either Senior Brand Manager, Senior Marketing Manager or Marketing Controller
- Experience within either Consumer Durables or FMCG
- You will be Brand orientated and Consumer focused
- Leadership experience is desired