We are looking for a Philosophy & Ethics teacher in Barnet.
The role is a temporary position with high potential to go permanent.
The successful candidate will be an inspiring, enthusiastic, and well-qualified teacher who is familiar with the Philosophy & Ethics Course up to KS5.
Given the size of the department and the growth of the school, there are excellent prospects for career development. This is a full-time post starting in the next month. The school would welcome applications from newly qualified applicants and experienced teachers.
Requirements for the position
- A good degree in an appropriate subject and a recognised teaching qualification
- Experience of, or the ability to teach all curriculum requirements across KS3, as well as the capability to deliver a range of disciplines at GCSE and A Level
- Experience in the development of outstanding resources, lesson sequences and schemes of work for new courses as the philosophy curriculum continues to evolve
- Commitment to, and experience of, using a range of teaching styles and methods including ICT. Classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards and/or digital projectors
- Willingness to offer extra support through subject clinics and revision classes when necessary to guarantee the progress of students
- Willingness to participate in the wider co-curricular life of the school, showing commitment to the ethos of the school and flexibility in achieving its aims
- Willingness to work as a team and to collaborate with colleagues