This leading legal firm is looking for a Business Development Executive to assist the Head of BD and BD Lead by advising and supporting a major group within the London Disputes practice, consisting of banking litigation, financial services regulatory, corporate crime & investigations, contentious tax, and admin & public law. In addition to these groups, this role requires an individual to work alongside the contentious insurance practice. This is a broad ranging BD role within a fast paced, market leading disputes practice. Responsibilities include:
• Developing strong relationships with partners, fee earners and PSLs in the global Disputes practice so that you are viewed as a trusted advisor
• Developing a solid understanding of your groups' specific practice areas as well as the wider Disputes practice and the firm as a whole
Strategy and planning:
• Development and implementation of business development plans in line with strategic objectives
• Develop presentations and documents that provide high level overview of practice/sector plans and achievement
• Work closely with associates across the practice to develop individual BD plans and provide BD skills coaching
Pitches, proposals and tender submissions:
• Liaise with partners and BD colleagues across the global network on both drafting and inputting into matter-specific and significant practice and firm-wide pitches
• Project manage all aspects of tender responses and pitches, including drafting material and obtaining input from various contributors
CRM & key client activities:
• Keep abreast of client issues to enable pro-active identification of business opportunities
• Prepare innovative materials for clients
• Project manage client events including strategic planning, logistics, implementation, active participation in them and meeting clients in liaison with the internal facilities team and the external events team
• Undertake research and analysis to identify targets and cross-selling opportunities for practice/sector and take responsibility for targeting initiatives
Reputation enhancement, brand & profile:
• Project manage the development of marketing collateral with the BD Managers, Partners, PSLs and design and production teams and prepare legal directories and award submissions for the practice
• Liaise with the PR /communications team on media and PR opportunities for practice/ sector/ region
• Liaise with fee earners, PSLs and knowledge management on articles for external publications and on content for client materials and promote the use of social media amongst the fee earners, including LinkedIn and Yammer
You will have approximately 3-5 years BD experience in a partnership or corporate environment (will consider less or more providing you have the required competencies), and a background in disputes or experience of working in a law firm partnership is strongly preferable. You'll have proficiency with systems, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, experience in InterAction and Vuture Vx would be ideal but not essential, have a solid understanding of design processes and be proficient in the use of social media.
Leighton Taylor promotes diversity, equality and fair treatment in all aspects of our work. It is our policy that as a provider of marketing and business development recruitment services, we will work to address existing inequalities, eliminate discrimination and promote equal opportunities and diversity. We translate this into all aspects of our everyday work and will aim to prevent discrimination or other unfair treatment against any of our staff or any users of our services regardless of gender, age, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origins, disability, sexual orientation or political and religious beliefs.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector.