The business are a well known Financial Services organisation with offices in Manchester.Job Description
The Senior Internal Auditor's responsibilities include;
The Successful Applicant
- * Support lead auditors on individual audit engagements ensuring work is carried out in line with GIA methodology. Specific responsibilities will be to determine compliance with policies and procedures, conduct audit testing of specified areas and identify reportable issues.
* Support lead auditors to ensure GIA reports are creating an impact, balanced and address the root cause of issues. Ensure recommendations are clear and concise address the ongoing sustainability of the control environment.
* Execution and delivery of audits in line with audit methodology and IIA standards and budget.
* Support the Audit function in preparing and issuing key external GIA reporting.
* Develop and maintain credibility by developing working relationships with key business stakeholders from team leader to manager level.
* Support lead auditors to ensure GIA recommendations are followed up to closure and drive timely issue resolution and sustainability of implemented controls.
* Stay abreast of Internal Audit best practice, including areas of regulatory focus.
* Under the direction of Divisional Head of Internal Audit and the Senior Audit Manager, assist in risk advisory projects.
* Act in a professional manner, maintaining a no-surprises partnership culture, and maintaining objective independence.
* Undertake "ad hoc" requests under the direction of the GIA leadership team.
The Successful Senior Internal Auditor should be;
- Chartered accountant / chartered internal auditor (e.g. ICAEW, ACCA, IIA) - part-qualified or qualified
- Experience of external or internal auditing.
- Experience of auditing in Financial Services/Banking , preferably with experience in any of the following : retail/commercial mortgage lending, asset/invoice financing, car financing, treasury, credit risk management, change programmes, or IRB
- Must have in depth knowledge of audit methodologies including data analytics capability
- Good working knowledge of UK regulation and key areas of regulatory focus from PRA and FCA.
- Self- motivated and proactive in approach, able to act independently and on own initiative.
What's on Offer
- Excellent analytical, influencing, presentation and relationship building skills
The candidate will recieve;
- Competitive salary of up to £50,000 + benefits package,
- WFH 50% of the time,
- Supportive environment,
Quote job ref
+44 161 8290 401