We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Hear from Ed Stacey, Tax People Leader about what a career in Tax could mean for you - from development, to our culture, to what we value in our people when building our team.
A career in our Merger and Acquisition Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions. Our team helps our clients with various aspects of a merger and acquisition transactions such as restructuring, divestiture, partnerships and insolvency. You'll focus on helping clients establish treasury goals, analyse and quantify tax assets, assess tax risks, and model taxable income and cash flow impacts. Our Deals Tax team works closely with our Deals practice to advise on the tax implications of a variety of deals projects including; Business Recovery Services, Real Assets & Credit and Mergers and Acquisitions. Part of the wider Corporate Tax network, we're committed to driving collaboration and cross-working across specialities to drive innovation and success as we service clients all over the world. The Infrastructure sub-team, positioned within the Deals Tax practice, provides transaction services to clients including some of the largest infrastructure funds / fund managers, institutional investors as well as corporate and private clients as they look to invest across the infrastructure and new energy markets. We're committed to driving collaboration and cross-working across specialities to drive innovation and success as we service clients. Our team is supported by a wide variety of specialists including stamp, VAT, capital allowances, construction industry scheme, tax compliance and finance and treasury specialists. We also collaborate across different lines of service and with our overseas firms. Role and Responsibilities
This growth role will be positioned within the specialist Infrastructure sub-team and you will be part of a hardworking, fun and growing team eager to support you as you build up your skills and experience in Deals Tax and infrastructure and will look to sponsor you as you progress your career within the team.
You will have the opportunity to work on high profile, domestic and international transactions across a multitude of infrastructure sectors e.g. regulated utilities, transport, renewable and alternative energy (wind farms, solar, electric vehicle infrastructure, energy from waste), technology infrastructure (e.g. fibre) and many more.
As part of a team of dedicated tax professionals you will work with clients to articulate the impact of tax as a key value driver as part of transactions. You will act as a strategic consultant, advising clients on how to structure transactions in a way that can meet their commercial objectives whilst supporting them to manage their tax obligations.
The dynamic 'deal-based' nature of a lot of the work in the team will present the opportunity to work closely with key client stakeholders, leading investment banks, legal advisors and other teams within PwC (e.g. Transaction Services). Working in collaboration with PwC teams locally and overseas, you will have the opportunity to build a trust based deals network which you can leverage on transactions to help deliver commercial, best-in-class solutions to our clients.
As part of the team you will:
- Perform Tax Due Diligence reviews which involve looking at existing and potential tax issues, tax compliance and tax risks for clients wishing to sell/acquire businesses; articulating the impact and advising clients on how to approach any risks as part of the deal process.
- Provide Tax Structuring advice to help clients operate their business in the most tax efficient manner e.g. devising tax efficient acquisition and disposal steps for clients buying/selling businesses and implications of withholding tax, corporation tax and payroll taxes.
- Tax Modelling, review the key tax assumptions within financial models to help our clients make informed economic decisions and shape their business strategy.
- Pre and post deal services, including assisting clients with pre-acquisition re-structuring and implementing new tax planning ideas.
- Support the team with business development initiatives including, preparation of client proposals, market updates and technical workshops and training.
Not the role for you?
- Experience of building internal and external relationships and networks
- An ability to plan and deliver work against tight deadlines
- Developed communication skills, specifically in negotiating with and influencing others
- Ability to work well in a team
- Experience in handling multiple complex projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Familiarity with;
- Tax Due Diligence Reviews, Vendor Assistance, Tax Structuring Advice, Tax modelling
- Funds flow, Management tax planning, Sale & Purchase review service
- Post deal implementation services
- PFI deal structuring and modelling advice
- Transaction tax advice on deals
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyThe Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.