BIE are currently working with a leading Telco business to appoint a AD of Financial Reporting and Controls for an initial 9 month period.
Managing a team of two Big 4 trained and qualified accountants, you will be responsible for:
- Providing guidance on accounting for complex transactions, including writing and reviewing technical accounting memos
- Providing clear and practical solutions to ad hoc technical accounting queries.
- Support the markets and the Group functions (mainly M&A, Commercial Strategy, Tax and Treasury) with projects including accounting for new products/services, acquisition accounting and due diligence.
- Work closely with the Group functions on prospectuses/filings for debt refinancings and equity sell downs (post-IPO).
- Together with the GFC and other members of the team, support the preparation of annual and quarterly regulatory filings (20-F and 6-K)
- Ensure that IFRS disclosures are appropriate
Ideally you will be:
- Big 4 trained and qualified
- Very strong in IFRS GAAP technical skills gained in with listed clients or in technical department (IFRS 9, 15 and 16 in particular)
- Experience of working within the technical departments/accounting advisory of a major firm of accountants an advantage