Marks Sattin UK are working exclusively with a reputable financial services business in the Midlands to recruit an assured Group Head of Accounting Policy.
The successful candidate will be the groups accounting technical expert responsible for developing and maintaining the Group's accounting policy documentation and governance framework.
- Write and review financial accounting policies
- Undertake technical accounting analysis on proposed corporate transactions e.g. capital market transactions, merger and acquisitions and or corporate restructuring
- Communicate accounting policies and required accounting processes to wider finance team
- Deliver training on accounting policies where required
- Present policy matters and review papers to the CFO and Audit Committee
- Ensure policies are developed and adhered to in line with documented governance frameworks
- Manage internal and external auditor enquiries
- Horizon scanning for changes to the applicable accounting frameworks in which the Group operates
- Develop an accounting policy change plan
- Ensure that you fully understand and comply with the organisation's Risk Management
- Qualified ACA/ACCA with a minimum of 5 years PQE
- Prior experience of working in a relevant accounting role within a financial services organisation is essential OR prior experience of working within a Top 10 UK accountancy firm in a financial services audit or advisory role is essential
- Experience of capital market transactions, merger and acquisitions and or corporate restructuring is essential
- Expert knowledge and practical experience of applying International Financial Accounting Standards ("IFRS") is essential, specifically IAS 39 and IFRS 9